Chapter 7 sorting head

The Sorting Hat

The Great Hall of Hogwarts buzzed with the chatter of new students and returning ones alike. Percy Jackson stood among the first years, feeling the weight of the Sorting Hat on his head. The hat's brim covered his eyes, and he heard its voice whispering into his mind.

"Ah, another intriguing one," the Sorting Hat mused. "Percy Jackson, god and grandson of Voldemort. Your destiny is extraordinary."

Percy held his breath, waiting for the hat's decision. Then, in a voice only he could hear, the hat continued, "I was created by Hecate herself. I see much potential in you, Percy. A perfect fit for... Slytherin!"

The hat shouted the last word aloud, and the Slytherin table erupted in cheers. Percy made his way to the table, feeling the eyes of the entire hall on him. As he sat down, he caught a glimpse of Harry Potter at the Gryffindor table, looking curious and slightly wary.

#### The First Task

Months passed, and soon it was time for the Triwizard Tournament. The excitement around the school was palpable. Percy watched as Harry Potter was unexpectedly chosen as the fourth champion, and he knew he had a role to play.

The first task was to retrieve a golden egg guarded by a dragon. Percy, using his domain over Tartarus, decided to give the dragon guarding Harry's egg a subtle boost of power. He found a secluded spot near the arena and concentrated, channeling his primordial energy.

The dragon, feeling the surge of power, roared ferociously as Harry faced it. The crowd gasped, but Percy kept his focus, ensuring the dragon was formidable yet not unstoppable. Harry, with his quick thinking and flying skills, managed to outmaneuver the dragon and retrieve the egg. The task was a success, but the dragon's enhanced fierceness left an impression on everyone.

#### The End of the Year

The school year flew by, filled with challenges and adventures. Percy found himself navigating the complexities of being a Slytherin while maintaining his secret heritage. He built alliances and faced adversaries, all while keeping a watchful eye on Harry and the unfolding events of the Triwizard Tournament.

As the year drew to a close, the final task approached. Percy, aware of the dangers ahead, felt a sense of urgency. The maze was filled with magical creatures and obstacles, and he knew Harry's life was at stake.

When the moment came, Percy discreetly offered his assistance from the shadows, using his control over Tartarus to subtly aid Harry through the maze. He couldn't intervene directly without revealing his powers, but he ensured Harry had a fighting chance.

The climax of the tournament brought tragedy with the return of Voldemort. Cedric Diggory's death cast a shadow over the celebration, and Harry's recounting of Voldemort's rise sent shockwaves through the wizarding world.

#### Reflection and Resolve

Back in the Slytherin common room, Percy reflected on the year's events. He had balanced the delicate act of supporting Harry while maintaining his cover. The knowledge of his lineage and the responsibility of his powers weighed heavily on him.

Mirabel's words echoed in his mind: "Your journey is just beginning, and you have powerful allies on your side."

Percy knew that the coming years would bring greater challenges. He was determined to embrace his heritage and use his powers for good, even as he navigated the treacherous waters of the wizarding world.

As he prepared for the next school year, Percy felt a renewed sense of purpose. The battle against Voldemort was far from over, and he would be ready to face whatever lay ahead, with the strength of his primordial domains and the support of his family and friends.