~03~

The gladers ran into the room to avoid being forcefully shoved in, "Get your asses in there!" The guard that was holding the door shouted to them all. "All of you!" He shoved Spencer in after them.

She glared at him and reached down to grab the dagger she had hidden in her boot but Thomas grabbed her arm and the guard shut the door. Spencer shoved Thomas off her with a glare and walked past them all to her bed.

"What the hell was that about?" Minho said, clearly angry.

"You didn't really think they'd let you through did you?" Newt spoke, his voice laced in irritation.

"No, of course not." Thomas reached into his back pocket shaking his head. He pulled out the guard's keycard, "I'm going to find out what's on the other side of that door."

The boys shook their heads and Newt looked at him in disbelief, "Right."

Whilst Thomas and the others were talking Spencer got her belt holster out and shoved her machete and two other daggers in it.

"Newt they're hiding something okay? These people are not who they say they are." Thomas made his way towards his bed.

"No, Thomas, you don't know that!" Newt raised his voice, "The only thing we do know is that they helped rescue us from Wicked. They gave us new clothes, food, a proper bed."

The other boys stood behind or next to Newt, "Some of us haven't had that in a long time."

"Yes but-" Thomas tried to cut in but Newt carried on.

"Some of us a lot longer than others." The two boys stared at each other before their attention was brought to rattling coming from the vent and it sliding across the room as it came off.

Aris popped out from underneath the bed, "Hey Thomas, Spencer."

"What the.." Fry spoke, leaning down so he could see where he had come from whilst Spencer greeted him with a nod.

"Who is this kid?" Minho asked, looking at Newt.

"You got it, didnt you?"

"Yeah, let's go." Thomas held up the keycard showing it to Aris before Spencer snatched it out his hand and shoved it in her pocket, following after Aris.

He made his way to the bed getting ready to crawl underneath it, "Look maybe you guys are right. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. But I have to find out for sure."

Thomas looked around at the boys who had crouched down around him, "Just cover for me and Spencer. I'll be back as soon as I can."

He slipped under the bed and into the vents, Fry looked up at Minho and Newt rubbed his chin and both him and Winston looked towards the door hoping the guards wouldn't come back before they did.

Aris carefully opened the vent, leaving it to hang at its hinges as Spencer jumped down and Thomas lowered himself down before dropping to the floor. Aris followed behind them and grabbed the vent swinging it shut.

Thomas checked the hallways seeing it was clear before meeting Aris and Spencer at the door. She used the keycard to open up the door and they walked into a small room.

Lab coats were on hooks everywhere and in a small window it showed another room where creatures were being harvester.

"Grievers."
"Mutant Scorpions."

Thomas and Spencer mumbled at the same time.

The three walked over to another set of doors that slid open to reveal a much larger room. On each side of a walkway were unconscious teens attached to multiple wires.