•E I G H T•

JULIA's POV
"Where are you going?" Anne asked, scaring me as I tried to walk out the door.

"Jesus Anne." I chuckled, stepping backwards.

"So where are you headed?" She asked, arching an eyebrow at me.

"To get coffee." I said, not quite meeting her eyes. I'm a terrible liar, and it doesn't help that I'm already late. Plus it wasn't quite a lie.

"Cool I'll come with." She said, reaching past me to grab her coat.

"Well I'm going to study." I started.

"Oh sorry, let me grab my backpack." She smiled.

"No I want to go alone." I said, watching as she walked away. "Sorry."

"No that's fine love." Anne smiled as she turned around. "But tell me where you're actually going."

"To get coffee and study." I said, still not quite meeting her eyes.

"If you're going to study you're gonna want this love." She smirked, holding up my backpack.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Probably." I nodded, reaching out to take my bag from her. "Thanks."

"Have fun babes." Anne chuckled, her proper British side coming out, letting me know we will be debriefing about this later.

"Will do." I nodded, unlocking our door, sending her a small grin as I left.

As I walked I shoved my hands into the pockets of my coat. Even after two years I haven't gotten used to the chilly New York weather. September is usually fine, and October is usually sweatpants and sweatshirts and November is when it gets cold. But for some reason this last week of October has been freezing.

As I walked down the street I tucked my nose into the collar of my jacket, doing my best to avoid the freezing breeze. Just the thought of going to see Cam has butterflies lighting up my stomach. I haven't seen him in a few weeks and it's been killing me.

We text every day, snap even more often, and dare I say flirt? He makes me laugh with the simplest words. I'm scared to say I have a crush on him, but I know it's true. I know I shouldn't. There are so many reasons I shouldn't. Jordy being numbers one through ten. Maybe one through one million. But the selfish part of me doesn't care. I should, but I don't.

As I rounded the corner the coffee shop came into view. I put a bit more pep in my step, so excited to see Cam. I had to take a few deep breaths, trying to calm my nerves. Why am I nervous? It's no big deal. It can't be a big deal.

I walked into the coffee shop, quickly slipping through the door, the warm air a welcome feeling against my cheeks. I pulled my nose out of my collar, looking around the cafe. On the opposite side of the room I spotted the familiar mop of red hair, unmistakable as Cam York. His back was facing me, a USA Hockey beanie hung over the back of the chair. Still a California boy.

"Hey Cam." I smiled, wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

"Hey." He spoke, holding my arms, seemingly surprised by my actions. "How are you?"

"I'm pretty good." I nodded, sitting down across from him. "You knew."

"Of course I knew." He chuckled. "You always get the same thing."

"I know." I smirked, lifting the iced coffee to my lips.

"How have you been holding up?" He asked, raising his coffee to his lips.

"Pretty well." I nodded. "School's been a bitch."

"You can handle it." He smiled. "How did your project go?"