Chapter 3- lost control.

TW: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SH.

2:32 AM. The time shone on Carly's phone, the only light in the room.
She stared at the photo on her lockscreen, violently sobbing as she observed how happy everybody was.
A staff photo with everybody in it; Autumn was the only one not smiling- she was rolling her eyes. Even then, Carly knew she was happy, well , happy-ish.
Inspecting the faces of everybody she loved, she realised how easy it was to hide such a dark secret.
She knew Autumn and Reece had deep, dark secrets, even if they looked happy.
She knew herself what it was like to have deep, dark secrets, and still look happy.
Still, tears poured down her cheeks, warm droplets caressing her face, rolling down, hugging her neck.
Eventually it felt like they started to strangle her, as her floods of sadness engulfed her entire body, making her breathing difficult.
She couldn't take it anymore. She had no control over her life. She had no control over her feelings, they controlled themselves.
Desperate to gain control, she grabbed the box from under her bed, inside it contained an old sharpener and some bandages.
She couldn't help it.
Little did she know, she would make a huge mistake.
Her desperate attempt to gain control would slip all her control from her hands.
Not even a smile could hide this.