Incident #3: Cairo, 1987

Warning: Mentions of suicide and animal abuse
Agent's Notes
G⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛: So, what's our next file? That one was a bit intense! Are you ok after yesterday, Paula?
S⬛⬛⬛⬛: I'm fine, ok? Just... Got a bit much. Anyway, next file's the Cairo incident.
G⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛: THE Cairo incident? Oh blimey... Look, d'you want to sit this one out? I can always do it for y...
S⬛⬛⬛⬛: I'll be fine! Anyway, they need two people reviewing every file.
G⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛: Well, if you insist, old girl.
Begin Transcript
You want me to talk about Cairo? Fine, I'll talk- but this is just because I don't want what happened there to ever happen again. My own mother almost died because of it! And now gramps, A⬛⬛⬛⬛ and N⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ are on life support and I don't know if they'll pull through. Anyway, fine, I'll tell you everything you want to know.
(He pauses, takes a deep breath)
We'd come to Cairo to kill D⬛⬛ B⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛, and to save my mother from his curse. He was making her stand turn in on herself, poisoning her and giving her the stand sickness. It had taken nearly 50 days to get to Egypt, and I was a wreck. Seriously! I didn't talk about it because, good grief, who worries about their mama on a quest to hunt a vampire? But I was nervy, I'd been turned into a kid, I'd been almost killed multiple times. And here I was, in the middle of Cairo... A⬛⬛⬛⬛ and I⬛⬛⬛ had disappeared, my grandfather was lying on the floor- D⬛⬛ drank his fucking blood! He'd figured out that I could see him in the time stop, so after he'd thrown K⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ into the water tower and fought off P⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛. This bastard drank his blood, and powers up- then he pulls out all these knives and just lets it rip. I've got my stand with me, but I don't even know if he'll be enough. So as I'm fighting these off, I hear this weird noise from above me- this bastard's got his hands on a road roller, and he's just screaming at me and flying down at me like a bat out of hell! It slammed down, and it fucking hurt- several of my bones are already broken, and I'm bleeding heavily, but I can't give up now. Letting that bastard win? Absolutely not. My stand's punching up, and he's forcing it down. D⬛⬛'s stopped time, and I know his limit- it's 10 seconds or so. So at the nine second mark, I yell out to my stand, and I don't even know how this worked- but time stops. I figured that S⬛⬛⬛ P⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ and T⬛⬛ W⬛⬛⬛⬛ have the same strengths, so it's really the same stand. I crawl out, and I run behind him just as his time stop comes to an end, and the road roller crashes down. He doesn't even notice I'm not there until he feels time slow down, and that fucking face of his- he's horrified. Rat-faced bastard probably didn't expect me to outsmart him. I lash out at his stand, and it's leg cracks, and all this blood just spurts into my eyes. I can hear that fucking vampire laughing at me, mocking me, but then there's this huge cracking sound- I've literally torn his stand apart. And D⬛⬛ screamed, he let out this huge scream as he split apart on the bridge where we'd ended up, and the bastard crumbles to dust. I should've been satisfied, but I didn't really feel anything. I just felt... Empty? I didn't even know if I've gotten there in time to stop my mother from dying. Eventually an ambulance comes along, and Gramps plays this stupid trick on me. I must've passed out after that, because next thing I remember I'm with K⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ in the hospital, he's just woken up. They were saying he'll never walk again, and he's ...
(The audio cuts off. Witness screams, hurls a mug at the wall and overturns the table.)
I should've been there to stop him! I let this happen to him, and everyone's just all "oh, at least he's not dead." What fucking kind of comfort is that? Did they want him to die to...to warn me? As a fucking lesson? It's my fault he's hurt like this!
(Witness breaks down crying. Agent attempts to comfort him, resulting in him lashing out. Statement recording ends here.)
End transcript

A⬛⬛⬛⬛: I remember that day- he was absolutely distraught. None of us died, but K⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ was paralysed from the waist down for life, and I⬛⬛⬛... He had to be put down, the injuries were too much. We gave him some chocolate coffee beans, because I didn't want him to cross to the other side without getting to try chocolate- he'd always try to eat mine- and P⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ held him as the vet put the needle in. He didn't even bite her, just closed his eyes and let it happen. J⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ won't ever know how grateful I am to him for killing D⬛⬛, but he's locked himself away with his work now. Ever since 2012, he's become a recluse. He even sent the birthday card I got him back to sender.
(Post-transcript notes: See file marked "Florida, 2012")
G⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛: Perhaps he blames himself for his mother's stand poisoning herself? You told us he was quite the delinquent to her, and stands rely on your mental fortitude.
A⬛⬛⬛⬛: I don't know, and he never talks about it.
S⬛⬛⬛⬛: File says he's the reason every registered stand user needs a yearly mental wellness check. Says N⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ found him on the floor with several boxes of painkillers around him.
A⬛⬛⬛⬛: Nobody really forgets D⬛⬛. I wake up screaming some days, and J⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛'s dementia didn't even kill the memories. It hurts! It's absolutely agony!
G⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛: Would you say you're traumatized? I...
(Agent S⬛⬛⬛⬛ suddenly lunges across the table. She's pulled A⬛⬛⬛⬛ into a hug.)
S⬛⬛⬛⬛: He's dead. Dead and buried. I wish I didn't have to see the proof he existed, but there's proof he's dead. And he's not coming back, ever. It's going to be ok, he can't get us, we're safe here.
A⬛⬛⬛⬛: How do we know there won't be another after the meteor? I can't help but think of every possible possibility. Some days, foresight is a curse, as it never really turns itself off.
End Recording