Incident #4: Japan, 1997

Agent's Notes
S⬛⬛⬛⬛: This one's also submitted by K⬛⬛⬛ J⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛. That guy really gets himself into trouble, he should take a break
G⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛: He submitted it on the behalf of someone else. Basically, he took the recording of a statement from a reliable friend of his.
S⬛⬛⬛⬛: A "reliable" friend? We're taking his word on this?
G⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛: He's very reliable.
S ⬛⬛⬛⬛: Alright, just roll the tape...
Begin Transcript

So you want me to give you a statement, Mr ⬛⬛⬛⬛? Ok, well, there's time. I'm meeting Y⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ later for a date, but there's still time for me to explain everything. So, I live in this little town on the coast called Morioh, and it's, well- bizarre. A fair amount of the population have some kind of stand, even the ones that didn't grow up there. Maybe it's something in the water, I don't know. There was this period of people getting struck with a stand arrow, but even besides that, it's got to have the highest proportion of stand users to regular people anywhere in the world. I got struck with the arrow myself, actually! I developed Echoes here because of it.
(Stand appears, spells out various swear words, and vanishes)
He's kinda spirited!

My two best friends have stands, and although they're pretty powerful, most stand users just keep to themselves. Sure, H⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ tried to kill me, and Y⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ kidnapped me, but the majority of the population are pretty unaware of anything going on. Yet there were these murders that nobody could explain- women disappearing, and only their rotting hands being found days later. Some people reported hearing explosions at night, but there was no evidence for any of this. Well, I'm going to explain where that murderer went, and how he kept getting away with it.

You don't expect a serial killer to just live in your home town- riding the bus, eating at cafes, going to the movies and the baseball on the weekends. But for years, this guy had evaded the police just by being so... Normal! His name was Yoshikage Kira, and aside from the homicides and the hand fetish, there isn't much to remark on him. Normal hair, although it changed a lot, normal face, normal job. Eats the same thing for lunch every day, does the crossword on the bus home, listens to the top 40 like everyone else. I'd actually seen him around town a bit, but I never thought something was up with him. It wasn't until poor ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ found the severed hand in a sandwich bag that we'd figured out he was the murderer. He'd been carrying around that woman's hand for nearly a week! He'd just blow up the rest of them and keep the hands. I don't wanna know what he did with them, but when the bakery checked their cameras, they found he'd been poking at food with it and sucking the fingers. Eww!

Poor old ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ found out about the hand, and Kira just managed to blow him up in the middle of school without anyone noticing a thing. Turns out, he had two stands- sheer heart attack and Killer Queen. They're both bombs, just SHA is drawn to heat, and killer queen can turn stuff into bombs. I managed to get it to freeze, but if it wasn't for you, Mr ⬛⬛⬛⬛, that stand would've killed us all! The fact that he just changed his face and imitated someone else to blend in was scary enough, but the ghost girl was even creepier. Kira had been killing people ever since he was a teenager, and this girl, Reimi, she was the ghost of one of his first victims. She'd been haunting this alleyway for years, and she showed up when I'd gotten Kira cornered. He lost his fucking mind, and tried to stuff his shoe in my mouth and choke me with it. Mr ⬛⬛⬛⬛, you were there, and you managed to use your timestop, but he was just stupidly powerful. Like, when I say powerful, even ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ couldn't defeat him.
(Post-transcript note: The lawyers of Mr Kishibe Rohan would like to declare that Mr Kishibe is in no way a stand user, and any accusations of such shall be treated as slander or libel, and be taken to the court. Please note that Mr Kishibe does not wish to talk to the SPW, and has an excellent legal team.)
Kira could turn anything into a bomb. But when you froze time, I think you broke Kira's hands so he couldn't detonate the bomb? I don't know, I can't move in a timestop, but all of us were covered in blood and absolutely filthy. Kira got thrown back by the attack, just as the ambulances were arriving, and, well- Kira went under the wheels. The last I saw of him, he was pavement pizza, being dragged off to hell. That's a metaphor, by the way, there wasn't a stand that dragged him into hell. At least I don't think that they can do that- right?
End transcript

G⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛: Kira's total kill count was 52, several of whom are still unidentified. It's never been made public, and their deaths have been written off as accidents or disappearances.
S⬛⬛⬛⬛: Jesus fucking christ, 52 people?
A⬛⬛⬛⬛: You'd be surprised how easily some stand users blend in. I myself managed to convince myself it was just an imaginary friend until I was about 5, although I could feel the heat from my stand, and set my father's favourite carpet on fire.
S⬛⬛⬛⬛: And nobody said anything? They just... Let these women be forgotten? No national outcry?
A⬛⬛⬛⬛: We can't afford for any government to truly know what we know, so it means no national mourning. It's terrible, but it's what must be done.
G⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛: Kira's dead, and although the case on Reimi is still unsolved, we've got reason to believe that she's moved on.
S⬛⬛⬛⬛: So ghosts are real too? Some days I wish I'd rather not know what else is skulking around behind our backs.
G⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛: Unfortunately, we've still got the rest of the archives to uncover. And it's going to get stranger.
End Recording