Volume 6 : Epilogue

Ayanokoji Kiyone POV

After the exam

Horikita : *phew*

Horikita sighed and slowly looked up at the ceiling of the classroom.

Kiyone : "Look like you've done everything you can."

Horikita : "I've never considered studying to be a pain, but I studied more than ever before for this exam."

Kiyone : "What score would you give yourself on the math exam?"

Horikita : "100 points...... at least that's what I want to say. Since there was one particularly unclear question, at the very least I can say that I scored 98 points. There were some questions with a reasonably high degree of difficulty mixed in."

She instantly asserted her self-graded score without any hesitation.

Kiyone : "It's also possible that you made a mistake or omitted an answer. Is there a chance of getting anything lower?"

Horikita : "None. I'm absolutely confident that I've overcome this exam, at the very least. I think that I managed to get nearly perfect scores in the other three subjects as well."

Kiyone : "That's great..."

Horikita : "I challenged Kushida-san to this bet on the assumption that she would manage a score of 100 points. I was thorough in my approach in order to not make even the slightest of mistakes. As a result, however, it's just shameful since I might have failed to score the final two points."

Humans make mistakes. It's also possible that she scored below a 98.

This is because the problems that Kaneda created weren't easy ones.

I don't know if even someone like Yukimura would manage to score above a 90.

Regardless, It's not possible to say for sure right now.

If she did, in fact, take a perfect score, she would undoubtedly get the top grade in the class.

Despite tutoring many of her classmates, Horikita managed to overcome everything with her own willpower and spirit.

Sudou : "Suzune, I have something I'd like to report. Do you want to head back together?"

Finished with the exam, Sudou came over with his bag in hand, a little low-spirited.

Horikita : "Something you want to report? I'm sorry, but could you please say it here?"

Sudou : "Today's exams... I don't think I reached 40 points in every subject. I'd like to apologize for that. My bad."

It seems that he planned to apologize to Horikita on their way home, but he ended up apologizing here.

Horikita : "It's not a bad thing. The difficulty of the exam changes every time. Considering what was on today's tests, you've done a good job."

This exam was more difficult than usual, so getting lower scores is inevitable.

Horikita : "I have some plans, so you can head back with your friends."

Sudou : "Are you staying too, Ayanokoji? Are you going to had girls party or something?"

He gave the two of us a look, skeptical about whether or not we were going to do something.

Horikita : "She's not someone like you and it has nothing to do with her. I also have an appointment with Kushida-san. Is that also a problem?"

Sudou : "With Kushida? O-Oh....No problem."