Chapter 7

For the first time, I cried while writing one of my stories. If there needs to be a trigger warning for any of the following, let me know in the comments so I can add one, please. Good luck.

"Mayim... You've put two and two together already," Sarai started. "Don't talk!" Mayim grabbed her shoulders and gently tried to get her to lie back down.

Sarai meekly reached up to grab (Y/n)'s hand with a smile and a blood stained face, "I'm dying, Mayim. You know this as well as I do. I won't make it through the night."

(Y/n) couldn't cry. She wasn't able to as an Abyss Mage. There wasn't a way for her to. No matter how much she wanted to.

"Mayim. I don't know who you used to be before you became... this," Sarai started, "but I know one thing for sure. No matter how cringy this may sound, you're my friend. My first one since I was eight, actually."

"Well, the first one who could stick around."

"That might not seem like much to you, but it meant the world to me. More than you'll ever know. I..." she stopped herself for a moment before continuing, "I don't wanna die."

"But... I will. I am dying. I don't wanna go yet, but I am. I've accepted that already, for the most part. Over the past few days, I've written a few letters to different people I grew close to over the years. I'd like you to deliver them to the best of your ability?"

"S-stop, Sarai--" (Y/n) tried, but Sarai didn't listen, instead looking at her slime companion with a pleading look.

"Hear me out on this next part, please," she seemed more hesitant, now, "I know you're strongly against it... but I want you to have an easy life. And, more selfishly, I don't want this... illness to take me."

"I've had to deal with this... bullshit disease my whole life. I... I wanna go out on my own terms. I don't want this," she gestured to her eyes, "to control me all the way to the grave."

"So, Mayim. I have this favor to ask. Both as my friend and for my final, dying wish."

(Y/n) could sense where this was going. She didn't like it. "No! No, I-I can't--" she tried.

"Please, Mayim. I want you to eat me, my slime friend."

"Please...."

"I left a letter for you, too."

"No..."

"And a whole bunch of gifts..."

"Sarai, please don't make me..."