Purple Hearts

Scott's POV
earlier that morning
I wake up to the sound of my bed moving and I shoot up, instantly thinking that Kate has come to take Kinsey from me again...but it was just her trying to get out of bed. I apologize and barely hear what she's saying, distracted by how beautiful she is despite having just woken up. Before I can say anything she leaves and I sigh, standing up and sitting on my bed. Stiles, from the other side of the room, snickers.

"Yes, Stiles?" I groan, once again regretting my decision to room with him. "You said you'd do it today- this morning, in fact." He rolls back over to look at me, wiggling his eyebrows with that stupid grin.

"Well it's not just that simple, what if she rejects me and now we all aren't friends? Maisie would pick her side and you- who knows what's up with you." I throw my hands up, getting worked up over just the thought of losing Kinsey- and the rest of my friends, too. Stiles starts to say something but is interrupted by three quick, perfectly paced knocks on our door. I hop up, thinking it's Kinsey, and open up the door.

"Good morning...is this a bad time?" Dorothea Buttrum, my lab partner from one of my animal labs, peeks her head in with a small smile. Stiles waves, confused, and I shake my head. "No no, did we have a study session planned?" I look back at my calendar and only see the purple heart that Stiles drew around the date (bc it's Kinsey's favorite color).

"I don't think so..." I look back at her but she's not looking at me, she's looking right at that purple heart. "You were excited for our study date?" She grins and I can't hide my confusion. She pulls out her phone and pulls up an email, sent by me a few days ago that indicates that yes, we did plan a study session this morning. It must've completely slipped my mind, only Kinsey has been stuck there the last few days.

"Well uh...." I try to think of what to say but she gasps. "Scott McCall, are you asking me out? I mean, I overheard Stiles talking to Maisie about someone in our class...I just didn't expect it to be me!" She smiles and jumps forward, hugging me tight. I slowly hug her back, confused af but can't speak either. Eventually she lets go and babbles on about how excited she is and says something to Stiles before looking back at me.

"How about we go to the Lava Java Cafe, talk to Kinsey? She'll be SO ecstatic for us- for you!" I nod, not knowing what else to say and thankfully she leaves.

I share a look with Stiles, panicked. He sits up, running a hand through his hair. "Well...fuck."

A/N:
POOR BB SCOTT I PROMISE HEWOULD NEVER INTENTIONALLY BREAK KINSEY'S HEART!