Chp 17: The Shattered King

3rd POV

After Blinkys day out, they all decided to stop for a moment by taking a break for Blinky to figure out their next move to find the next stone. Right now, we see Jim and YN are at their lockers as they're having a small talk.

Jim: So you're saying whatever is this fate worse than death, its definitely has something to do with my soul.

YN: Come on, don't remember our dungeon and dragon board game? That one move where you try to strike the wizard but you role in a bad dice.

Jim: Yeah, but that's just a board game, this is real.

YN: And yet, it does make a perfect examplary. Blinky said mentioned thag you've been marked for a fate worse than death.

Jim: Okay, fine. So how did we solved that problem in dungeon and dragon?

YN: Well, either kill the sorcerer or try to be reasonable.

Jim: Wow, I doubt reasonable is easy to do it.

YN: Not easier than Toby asking out on a date like right now.

Jim sees where YN is looking and they both see Toby is asking a Mary on a date.

Toby: Mary, can we be real for a moment? A woman like you deserves anything she wants. And what you want is me, as your date to the Spring Fling. It's okay, you don't even have to ask.

Mary: I'd rather choke to death.

Mary closes her locker before leaving.

Toby: Huh. Your loss.

Toby then try asking Darcy out on a date.

YN: Least he's trying.

Jim: Why don't you try?

YN: Try what?

Jim: Asking a girl out on a date.

YN: Even if I do wanted to, I don't want to have her involved in our troll problem.

Jim: Come on, I brought Claire in the troll problem.-

YN: The only reason she got involved is because her little brother is in the darkland. But hey, at least you're doing your best to get him back.

Jim: Me? You're not gonna help?

YN: I'm more concern about Gunmar who's between us and Enrique. And I for one would rather not get a girl involved with this.

Jim: That's...very tricky.

YN: That's why I rather be a lone wolf at least until my heart says otherwise. But hey, least you and Claire are getting close. See?

YN points behind him where Jim saw Claire and they couples exchanged smile before Toby press his head against the locker.

Toby: Well, I've asked out every single girl.

Jim: They all said no?

Toby: Of course not. I got a few "as ifs." A couple "not in a million years." One actually gagged. I took that as a "not interested."

YN: You actually asked out every girl in school?

Toby: Nope! Saved Claire for Jim, buddy. I didn't wanna promblock you.

Jim: (Scoffs.) Thanks.

Toby: You haven't asked her yet, have you?

Jim: I'm working up to it, okay?

Toby: Oh, is that what they're calling "wussing out"?

Jim: Hey, I'm just waiting for my moment.

Toby: That's what they call wussing out these days, Wussy.