4.

Atsushi pushed Akutagawa to the agency, it was empty except for them, Dazai, and Chuuya.

"Jinko? What is this?" He asked the tiger who simply stepped back.

He looked at Dazai who was in front of him, then Chuuya. "Do you know what's happening Nakahara-San?" He asked, Chuuya shook his head.

Dazai took a deep breath before walking forward and placing a hand on Akutagawa's shoulder. He looked up at his ex-mentor slightly confused with lit up eyes.

"Akutagawa...I'm...so sorry for what I did..." Akutagawa's eyes widened "What..?"

"I never should have treated you the way I did back in the mafia, it was wrong. It was so fucking wrong and I regret it deeply. You were nothing but loyal and kind to me and I...I didn't train you I just...abused you..." Akutagawa felt himself tearing up and Chuuya just stood there.

Atsushi gave him a look that urged him to keep going.

"I was treated the same, but I never should've put you through it too. And I know an apology four years late is nothing compared to the trauma I gave you and I can't change anything now...but I'm willing to fix it, fix you, Akutagawa" he pulled his ex-apprentice into a tight hug.

"I'm a coward, I never had the courage to apologise to you 'till now because of Atsushi. There's so much shit I put you through that can never be truely undone or healed and I'm so damn sorry" Akutagawa didn't know what to say as the warm tears ran down his cold face.

"I want what's best for you right now Akutagawa, and what's best for you is not caring about me. Chuuya has treated you far better than I ever have or probably will and I want you to focus on that. Not me, not my praise, not my anything. It's not healthy and it never was" he pulled away from Akutagawa and wiped his tears.

Atsushi extended his arms, offering a hug and Akutagawa took it. He squeezed Atsushi so hard, trying to get every bit of that warm comfort he could.

Dazai then turned to Chuuya. "And to you, Chuuya. I am sorry to you as well"

He slowly approached the other as he spoke "Out of everyone in the mafia, you were always the one who was right. There. Every. Time and I never appreciated it like I should have"

"Despite all our bickering, you were always the first to come to my aid, be it if I was sick, dying, mentally unstable you were there and you never left" Chuuya's eye brows furrowed as he trembled and started to cry. He had never heard Dazai speak in such a sweet and tender tone to anybody before, not even Oda.

"You cared for me, and I left the mafia without saying so much as goodbye. I did it because I knew you'd be the only one who could keep me there, or you would come with me, not caring what I said next. I'm sorry for all the grief I caused you and I'm sorry for the car and I'm sorry for manipulating you into the mafia and-" Chuuya just ran and hugged him.

"Shut up...please just shut up...you're too apologetic for me..." he mumbled. Dazai sighed shakily "When you first arrived the others made you look so happy. I couldn't bare strip that happiness from you. That family you deserve" he said as he ruffled the Ginger's hair.

"I'm not expecting forgiveness, but I beg of you both...just give me one more chance...I'll do anything I can to make up for it...please..." Atsushi smiled warmly at Dazai for finally apologising to them.

"You...You idiot mackeral! Making me feel this way!" Chuuya cried into Dazai's chest. "I-If you wanna make it up to me, then I just want you to love me...don't leave me this time..." Dazai smiled slightly. "I won't leave you again, Chuuya"

Akutagawa had long passed out in the tiger's arms, you simply placed him on the couch and and tossed a blanket over him neatly.

"This is a good start, Dazai-San" Atsushi stated quietly, a tender smile on his face as he fondly wiped away the remaining tears on Akutagawa's face.