She's here...

Emma sat cross-legged on the plush, burgundy carpet of her living room, scripts spread out before her like the petals of a flower. The golden light of the afternoon sun filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow over everything. Y/N sat opposite her, her eyes twinkling with excitement as they always did when they were together.

"Alright, let's take it from the top," Y/N said, her voice steady and encouraging. "Remember, Emma, you need to really feel the anger in this scene. Channel it from deep within."

Emma nodded, her lips pressing into a determined line. She took a deep breath and began to read her lines, the words flowing from her mouth with practiced ease. She could see Y/N out of the corner of her eye, nodding approvingly at her performance.

"You've got this, Emma," Y/N said softly when Emma finished her lines. "Just like always."

They spent hours rehearsing, the lines blurring together as the sun began to set, casting long shadows across the room. The bond they shared through their craft had always been special. They had always practiced like this, their passion for acting weaving them closer together.

As the night grew deeper, Emma found herself lying on the couch, staring at the ceiling. Y/N was sitting in the armchair, her presence a comforting anchor.

"Do you remember the first play we did together?" Emma asked, her voice barely more than a whisper.

"Of course," Y/N replied, her smile evident in her tone. "It was a disaster. We forgot half our lines, and the props kept falling over."

Emma laughed, the sound bittersweet. "But we had fun. That's what mattered."

They fell into a comfortable silence, the only sound being the ticking of the clock on the wall. Emma felt a warmth spreading through her chest, a sense of peace she hadn't felt in a long time.

---

A month later, Emma stood in front of her TV, remote in hand, as the final episode of her latest series aired. She watched herself on the screen, her performance raw and powerful, the culmination of countless hours of practice with Y/N. The phone rang, breaking her out of her reverie.

"Mom!" Emma exclaimed, a wide smile on her face as she answered. "Did you see? The series finale just aired!"

"Oh, Emma, I'm so proud of you," her mother said, her voice choked with emotion. "You were incredible. I knew you had it in you."

"Thanks, Mom," Emma replied, glancing over to where Y/N was sitting on the couch, a proud smile on her face. "I couldn't have done it without Y/N. She was with me every step of the way."

There was a long pause on the other end of the line. "Emma, sweetheart," her mother said gently, "Y/N isnt here anymore... she died a year ago."

Emma's world tilted on its axis. "What? No, she’s right here. She was just..."

She turned to point where Y/N had been sitting, but the spot was empty. Her breath caught in her throat, her heart pounding wildly. The memories came flooding back, sharp and painful. The funeral, the grief, the endless nights of crying herself to sleep.

"No," Emma whispered, her eyes wide with confusion and panic. "She was just here. She was helping me with my lines, she..."

"Emma, please," her mother’s voice was gentle but firm. "You need to let her go."

Emma's phone slipped from her hand, clattering to the floor. She stood there, frozen, as the reality crashed over her. Y/N was gone. She had been gone for a year. Everything they had done, every rehearsal, every conversation, had been a figment of her desperate mind clinging to the past.

Emma sank to her knees, tears streaming down her face. She wrapped her arms around herself, trying to hold together the pieces of her shattered world. She could almost feel Y/N’s arms around her, comforting her, but when she looked up, she was alone. Completely alone.

---
A/N: Im soooo sorry for the long time without any new chapters, and now this bad one...
Im just really struggling with everything rn, and needed sometime without socialmedia and stuff. But I'll try to make some new chapters this week, also for my other book... hope you're not too mad <3
See ya