Ice Cream (Chanyeol)

It was the month of September and you were already crawling to survive the semester. You looked at your digital clock indicating the time 2:46AM. You could feel your eyelids bowing to close your eyes due to drowsiness yet you felt the need to finish your case study. Barely lifting your fingers to encode keywords, you decided to sleep even for a few minutes before continuing. You were just about to lie in bed when your phone beeped.

"Yah! You awake?" Chanyeol texted you.

"Still awake. But about to die." You replied

"Mwo?! You're exaggerating!"

"What do you want babo?" you asked him

Suddenly, your phone rang. It was him. You felt too tired to answer yet too polite to ignore his call.

"Dae?" you sang while yawning

"Let's buy ice cream!"

"At this cold of a night?"

"Dae. I'll fetch you. Wait there."

"Mw--" before reacting to his offer, he ended the call straight away because he knew you might say no to him. "Aisshh that babo." You stared on your cellphone.

A few minutes later, your doorbell rang signaling that he's here. You went downstairs and wore your jacket since it was cold outside. As you opened the door and saw him, you smacked his head.

"Agh! Yah! Wae?!" An irritated Chanyeol asked

"Ice cream? Ice cream? I'm going to sleep you wing-eared giant!" You cried

He laughed as you retorted. "Kyeopta!" He pinched your cheeks that were already turning pink by the frozen air. "Let's go."

He held your hand and you walked side by side until you reached the convenience store to where you always buy junkfoods, frozen beverages and even hang out for a while. With the ice cream fridge outside, he searched for you and his favorite ice cream flavor.

"It's so bloody cold Chanyeollie, why are you buying us ice cream?"

"You don't want it?"

"Why in the freezy town of Korea would I want an ice cream on 3AM?!" you yelled. "Never mind. Give me that."

"Epepepepep! Isn't it too early to eat it before paying for it?" He paid in the counter before sitting on a chair nearby the glass window.

---------------------

Chanyeol stared at you big eyed as you finished the ice cream in less than 3 minutes. Although it was cold, you didn't mind the frozen content of the food. In other words, you were hungry and was craving for some sweets.

"Why would I want ice cream nye nye nye nye nye!" He impersonated your voice.

"Shut up."

----------------------

You finished both of your ice cream but it seemed like Chanyeol still didn't want to leave. You sensed that something was troubling him since he was staring at the tiled floor. He looked so cute staring blankly into thin air that you wanted to kiss his cheeks. "Oh my God, no. What am I even thinking?" you asked yourself.

It took you a moment to wave your hand in front of him because you were admiring his adorable face. "Yah," you giggled.

"Did you say something?" He asked startled after his daydreaming

"I said you're ugly!"

"Yah! Shouldn't you thank me? I bought you an ice cream."

"Actually, you're the one who should be thankful. I was so sleepy back then but you forced me to come with you and buy ice cream. If it weren't for you, I'd be dreaming of my handsome husband right now."

He reacted as if spitting water from his mouth. "Husband? Wae, does he know you exist?" He teased.

"He will notice me!"

"Kre. Stop daydreaming. It's bad for your health. Kaja." He adviced you as he furrowed his eyebrows which made you think he was kinda jealous of the guy you like.

It was getting late so he stood up from his seat and took your hand from the table. When he felt it, it was cold like ice. He began to rub both of your hands to keep you warm. Seeing him with that much care to you, you began to felt in awe and blushed.

------------------

While he walked you to your house, you noticed the creepy silence occupying to the both of you. He was putting his hands on his pocket when suddenly you grabbed his arm demanding him to hold you like an escort to prom or to a party. Because you were clumsy and because of the slippery street you're stepping into, you almost slid and bumped your butt to the wet floor. Luckily, Chanyeol caught you and supported your clumsy body from falling. The awkwardness of silence was even more awkward the second you realized you were in his arms and both of your faces close to each other. "Y/n, you stupid clumsy girl," you thought.

With the amount of space between your face and his which is only like an inch away from each other, you stared into Chanyeol's eyes and his eyes into yours. Your face got closer.... Closer... And closer.... You were so intimidated by Chanyeol's eyes that you didn't realize his lips got closer to yours to...... Kiss you!

He kissed you slowly and it felt like you were about to explode. Your heart was beating fast when he held your body even more tightly preventing you from falling to the ground. You could taste the ice cream on his lips and his warm breath that made you even more comfortable to kiss him.

Like a melted ice cream you felt but you didn't want to let go. You fell in love with him sweetly like an ice cream. And just like eating it, you wanted more.

You were about to hug his neck with your hands when suddenly you both got interrupted by a passing car.

And splash!

You both got wet by the passing car who happened to also pass a circle of water on the ground near you.

"Yah!" Chanyeol yelled at the fast-running car

You just giggled at him because you thought he got angry because of the car interrupting your kiss. When he heard you, he laughed. He blushed in embarrassment and went apologizing for what he did.

"It's okay, Yeollie. I like you too." You smiled sweetly

He blushed even more from what he heard. "I thought you liked..."

"Ani. He doesn't notice me. It's you who notice, appreciates and looks out for me all the time. Kamsahamnida."

He smiled as he looked at the other side of the street. He scratched his head and looked at you. His face was already red so you rubbed your two palms and covered it in his ears which you thought were always beautiful and unique. He smiled.

"Don't catch a cold, my wing-eared giant."

"I won't as long as you're here with me, jagi." He poked your nose and he hugged you.