~08~

A small boy not much older than nine walked into a house holding a younger Spencer in his arms. It was silent except for the sounds of small movement around the house.

"Daddy! Mommy we're home!" The boy called out.

Spencer pushed herself out of the boy's arms and ran off into the house, the boy put their backpacks on the side and walked down the hallway to where his sister had run off to.

"Mom?" A small voice came from a room, "Dad? What's wrong with mom?"

The boy walked in seeing their dad standing to the side with a gun in his hand and their moms body on the floor with black goo coming from her head. Spencer went to put her hand on her moms shoulder when the boy grabbed her and pulled her outside.

"What's wrong with mommy?!" She shouted, hitting him away from her.

"I'm not sure I'll ask dad." The boy walked back in their room and she could hear small mumbles before he came back out, "Mommys..."

"Mommy's what?"

"Mommy's dead, the virus got to her." As the boy spoke tears came to his eyes.

"No!" Spencer went to run into the room but their dad came out stopping her and pulling them both into him for a hug.

"Its okay, daddys gonna take care of you. We'll be safe together." He said holding them tight. The two children cried into his shoulder and he pulled out the gun from behind his back, "We'll be with mommy soon.. All together."

The two children pulled back confused and saw the gun he had pulled out. "No!" The boy shouted but it was too late. The man pulled the trigger and his body fell to the floor.

Spencer looked at the boy and the boy looked at her. They both had the same expressions of fear.

"We, we need to get out of here." She said, pulling on his sleeve with teary eyes.

The boy nodded, "let's go." He also had teary eyes as they turned to walk down the corridor holding tightly onto each other.

●●●●

Bang!

A loud bang startled Spencer awake making her sit up fast looking towards Thomas who was already looking at her. She ignored the dream that she had dreamt of many times in the maze.

"Hey! Guys get over here!" Fry shouted to them both and they ran over to them. "Winston, what are you doing, man?!" He snatched a gun out of his hands.

"What's going on?" Newt asked, rushing over like everyone else.

"What happened!" Thomas asked, looking around at the others.

"I don't know. He just woke up and grabbed the gun and tried to.." Frys voice trailed off as he held up the gun. He didn't need to finish. They all understood.

"Winston, you okay?" Thomas asks, taking a step towards him.

He steps back though as Winston starts coughing and black blood comes out of his mouth. When he stops coughing he lays back down on the ground breathing heavily.

"It's growing.. Inside me." His voice a low weak whisper. He slowly lifts his shirt up to reveal black veins and black blood above his bandages. His skin looked like it was breaking inwards.

"I'm not going to make it.. Please, please don't let me turn into one of those things." He reaches hand to Fry who was holding the gun moving it from one hand to the other.