~09~

Spencer had been awake before anyone that morning before they began to walk through the scorching hot desert. No one spoke as they walked over sand dunes in a single line. 

All of them felt like the mountains were getting further away instead of closer no matter how long or how fast they walked. 

After a few long hours of walking they reached a smooth ground still covered in sand. 

It felt like they were being scorched alive and it didn't help that they had run out of all their food and water. 

Minho unscrewed the cap off his water bottle, shaking it over his mouth trying to get even the smallest drop of water. Instead nothing dropped out of the bottle so he threw it to the side groaning in annoyance. 

Spencer had moved to the side of the group spinning her dagger around in her hands once again whilst her mind was racing over the memories. It wasn't unusual for her to have an odd memory whilst she was sleeping, she had been having them since the mutant had stung her. 

It was the only thing stopping her from feeling the effects of the scorching heat and lack of water. 

As night fell they all gathered together to sleep on the ground. There was no shelter near them but they also couldn't see any cranks around either. 

●●●●

The rumbling of a storm and the rough ground woke Thomas up. He lifted his head up from the ground looking over at the blurred lights near them. 

Slowly and weakly he stood up, “Hey, hey.” His voice raspy as he hit Newts left to wake him up. 

“Newt get up. Come on, let's go. Frypan, Aris.” They all began waking up. “Come on Pixie up you get.” He pulled her up by her hands as she blinked a few times still tired. 

“Get up! I see something! You see that?!” Thomas shouted over the picking up storm as he moved away from Spencer to pick up his jacket and point towards the lights in the distance. 

“Whoa what is it? What..” Minho trailed off as his eyes fell on the lights. 

“Its lights..” Thomas says. 

“We made it…” Aris whispers. 

They all turn around at the sound of the thunder rumbling closer to them. They watched as the clouds lit up before lightning struck down onto the ground echoing with a loud crack. 

“Let's go. We gotta go. Come on.” Thomas tapped Newt and pulled him forwards. 

“Come on! Let's go, come on!” 

Everyone grabbed their belongings and started running fast towards the lights. Thomas yelled at them all to hurry up as they got closer to what looked like an abandoned factory where Thomas saw the lights. 

Lightning was striking all around them, shaking the ground lightly as it hit closer and closer. 

“Hurry!” Thomas yelled. 

“Go!” Teresa shouts. 

They all ran as fast as they could dodging the cars and rubble scattered around the ground. Everyone took their own routes running around things to escape the storm. 

The group were about to reach the building when lightning struck the car next to Minho, bouncing off the hood and hitting Minho. Spencer and Thomas got blasted back, their ears ringing as they stood up wincing in pain seeing Minho lying on his side with smoke coming off him. 

Aris and Newt ran over to Minho picking him up whilst Spencer and Thomas pulled themselves up. They continued running to the building where Fry was holding the door open for them and Teresa was inside. As soon as everyone had run in Fry closed the door tightly.