"Memories of the Past "

Chapter 5: "Memories of the Past"

The figure stepped into the faint light, revealing a woman with a kind face and a warm smile. "Emilia, my dear, I've found you."

Emilia's eyes widened in surprise. "Mother? But how...?"

The woman's eyes filled with tears. "I've been trapped in these memories, reliving the past, searching for you."

YN's heart went out to the reunion. "We're trying to break the curse, Emilia's mother. Can you help us?"

The woman's gaze turned determined. "I know the camera's secrets. Follow me."

She led them through the forest, pointing out hidden symbols and ancient artifacts. "Elijah's obsession with immortality drove him to make a pact with dark forces. The camera is a portal to the spirit world."

Jimin's eyes widened. "That's why we're seeing ghosts and experiencing strange memories."

The woman nodded. "Yes, and the only way to break the curse is to perform a ritual, using the camera as a conduit to the spirit world."

YN's mind raced. "But what's the ritual, and what's the cost?"

The woman's expression turned solemn. "The ritual requires a sacrifice, one that will change your lives forever."

YN's heart raced as she considered the ritual's cost. "What do you mean by 'sacrifice'? What will happen to us?"

The woman's eyes filled with tears. "One of you will have to give up your life force to break the curse. The camera will drain your energy, and you'll become a ghost, trapped in the spirit world."

Jimin's face set in determination. "I'll do it. I can't let YN or Emilia suffer."

YN's eyes widened in horror. "No, Jimin! You can't die!"

Jimin's smile was soft. "I've found my purpose, YN. I'll save you, no matter what."

As they prepared the ritual, YN's tears fell uncontrollably. Emilia's mother guided Jimin to the camera, and he placed his hand on the lens.

To be continued.....