20. Perfect (exceeder)

ASTRID

Sarah and I's newfound friendship blossomed so far over the next couple weeks I hardly had time for Rafe and his antics.

We traveled the smaller islands on her boat with Kie, day drank expensive cocktails instead of the shitty beer I usually consume with the pouges.

She even began fishing with us and the pouges. I found her a sweet girl and enjoyed the company which wasn't male dominated like usual.

I did feel guilty not having enough time for Rafe, only catching glances at party's or from across the beach. However neither of us attempted to make much contact besides intrigued glances which soon turned to glares on his part.

For some reason he was holding a grudge against me. Looks like Rafe Cameron actually thought there was something between us.

As much interest as I had for Rafe, knowing his reputation I was cautious to show my admiration towards him, at any change of attitude from him would ruin my ego and self respect completely.

However, soaking up the midday sun on the back of Sarah's boat was holding my peace for the time being. Kie lay next to me, previously reading a book on environmental conservation which Sarah leant her, which however now laid across her face as she lightly snored.

Sarah's groan from the other side boat could be heard over the quiet music as she exclaimed "I'm so gonna be burnt after this."

I bid no reply, just simply pushed the sunscreen across the floor towards her. she mumbled a thank you in response before sitting up and applying it to herself.

One thing about Sarah is silence doesn't exist for more than two minutes. Kie and I on the other hand could sit together all day without speaking a word.

I relaxed once again as Sarah remained silent, allowing myself to drift off with the slight sway of the boat, the occasional bird from above.

However I was soon snapped back to reality with Sarah's sharp gasp; as-well as Kie who jumped up, her book sliding off her face.

"My cousin is having a huge party tonight- she lives on the mainland. She said I could bring anyone I want." Sarah grinned down at her phone.

I let out a big stretch as I rolled over onto my front, waking myself up. "I'm down to get fucked up."  I smiled at Kie sweetly as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not picking up anything. My dad's got me on no funds for a week cause I wasn't helping at the wreck this week." She shook her head back at me.

I groaned and laid my head back down on the boat in defeat.

"Well- Rafe has a bunch of stuff in his room. He's at toppers all day soo, we could steal some. I'm sure he won't mind right Astrid?" Sarah glanced awkwardly between me and Kie.

I had to inform her that no one else knew about me and Rafe's "situation", not even Kie, but she usually has little slip ups.

I shrug in response as Kie eyes me suspiciously. "It's fine he won't even notice- he'll probably be fucked up when he gets home anyway." Sarah attempts to swerve the attention as she stands up.

I followed her up before the three of us made a slow journey back to tannyhill, which was empty apart from wheezie who was sprawled out on the living room couch.

Kie and Sarah walked ahead, and I sent her a friendly wink as I walked past, to which she smiled and looked back at the tv.

"I have loads of clothes I bought but dad never lets me wear out so just rummage and pick anything." Sarah smiled as she jumped onto her bed.