11. Right Down The Line

Astrid

IT'S been a good week since the incident with my dad.

I spent the week feeling more normal, chilling with JJ and John B fishing during the morning, then spending the afternoon with Kie at the beach, and the night with the boys around the fireplace then all falling asleep watching old movies in the living room.

Pope stayed for most nights, and the four of us talked endlessly about anything and everything.

I still couldn't ignore the fact I didn't have my guitar anymore. Every time I sat down somewhere my eyes would automatically scan the room for it, or Pope would be doing his homework on the porch and look at me knowingly, as I always play while he works, then realise I don't have it anymore and quickly look away.

It's not like I could afford another one. So I came to the conclusion I was going to find who it was pawned off too and...steal it.

If all goes well- of course- I don't even know how I would go about that as there's no way I can ask my dad where he pawned it off too- so I guess I'll have to keep dreaming for now.

Rafe

"Should I spray it blue or do you prefer the red?" Toppers voice interrupted my thoughts as I ran my hand over the seat of his new bike.

I couldn't help the slight anger I felt at the mention of the bike- it all tied back to Astrid. Of course I wanted the fucking bike, but the more i got into this stupid deal the more I realised that I don't actually hate the girl. I'd actually grown to like her after the past week.

I mean I slept better than i had in the past few fucking years just having her next to me. It's not like I was sure about my feelings towards her- I had to keep reminding myself that she's a pouge, but every time I do there's that little fucking voice in my head that goes so what?

"Yo- Rafe?" Topper patted my back as he came to stand next to me, causing me to scowl down at him.

"What?" I mumbled, stepping away from the bike and leaning on the railings of the porch out front of his house.

"Red or blue bro. Jesus- are you high?" He scoffed back as he leant down to check the wheels for the 20th time this hour.

"No. I'm just tired. I don't give a fuck what you do with the bike." I snapped back, wanting to go back to my quiet thoughts of a specific pouge who hasn't left my mind since she told me to fuck off at the end of last week.

"Well surely I should do whatever colour you want- if you're so sure your little bet is going good? Is it, huh? Or should I say she." He chuckled, now leaning up and watching me as I looked away shaking my head.

"Oh come on man. How's it going? I haven't gotten any updates since I saw Astrid at yours and you fuckin' kicked me out."

"It's going fine." I shrugged, cutting him off sharply as I desperately wanted her name to stay outta his mouth.

"Why'd you have to pick her anyway?" I scoffed after a few minutes, crossing my arms and still looking away.

"What? Astrid? I dunno man maybe cause you dragged me across the fucking floor after I fought her? Seemed to me like you had a little soft spot." He chuckled as he grabbed his empty water bottle and walked into the house to fill it up.

Before I could even reply with a sharp comment of how i definitely did not have a soft spot for Astrid Maybank, the sound of another bike engine getting rapidly closer caught my attention.

I watched a familiar bike pull into the driveway, and an angry looking Barry get off and storm over to me.

"Woah woah woah- we agreed tomorrow I'd get your money Barry not today." I whisper shouted, panic clouding in my stomach as I really didn't want this to happen outside Topper's