Part 3

Arnav was at AR's head office that evening. His return flight to London was later that night. Even when his heart was loathing him to leave, not knowing when he would see Khushi next, his brain had reminded him that this was for the best.

"Think about it again, Arnav. At least meet Khushi once before leaving." Kashish spoke as Arnav was done instructing some last-minute things to Aman.

Aman looked between Arnav and Kashish. For a girl who knew ASR for just 3 years, she surely seemed to assert her care for him.

Arnav did not say anything but picking up his cell phone, quietly left the room. As if he did not hear a word she said.

Aman sighed as the door closed behind ASR.

"Please don't feel bad, he rarely listens to anyone." Aman said to Kashish, feeling sympathy for her.

"Hey. Don't worry, I'm past that stage to get offended by Arnav. Besides, he can pretend ignoring but I know my words will make him think about what I said."

Aman chuckled at her words, "You are quite persistent."

"Well, they call it becoming a good psychologist. But whatever."

"Nice. I am Aman, by the way." He extended his hand.

"Kashish." She answered, giving her hand to his.

Was this a good time to ask him if he was free to grab a cup of coffee, she wondered. Or maybe it was too direct too soon.

--*--

Khushi was headed to the institute where she was taking professional dance classes. This was one thing that had sort of given her a sense of identity. After recovering from her accident 3 years ago and trying to come to terms with her memory loss, she had asked her Di and others about what her life was like before the accident. Was she helping her brother Aakash and her mama ji with their business, or was she doing something else, did she have many friends etc. And they all told her that she loved two things, cooking and dancing. She had frowned when she heard the first part, as she now absolutely hated stepping a foot into the kitchen, in fact, she felt confused and lost when she even tried to help her payal bhabhi in some kitchen chores. So, it was sure that along with her memories, her erstwhile fondness for cooking was also gone. No one then mentioned to her about her special connection with making jalebis! Only felt anguished that a significant part of her was lost in that mishap apart from her memories.

Thankfully, dance was something that still appealed to her. And when she learnt that she never had any formal degree before, she decided to enroll in an arts and dance institute to get one. It was already one year into her curriculum, and she was doing so good. In fact, she had also started teaching dance to some young kids in her free time.

Today, however, before heading to her class, she decided to stop at her favorite spot. Her mother's garden.

Although, as she walked towards the center of the garden where many rose plants happily bloomed, she was surprised to see someone already present there. A man with his back towards her, standing with his hands in his pockets and observing the tress attentively.

She took a sharp breath. Was it Arnav?

"Aap yaha kaise (What are you doing here)?" she asked, making him turn around to look at her and a similar surprise dawned in his eyes.

Yes. It was surely him. She was not imagining this.

Because he clearly took her name in his distinctive, deep, enchanting voice next,

"Khushi."

It was just that. Her name was sort of an answer to his appearance there. Or an acknowledgement that he was not a figment of her imagination.