Part 18

Shyam ran his hand through his messy hair in frustration. This couldn't be happening. He took so much effort to learn every tiny bit of all those expensive and top-notch safety equipped cars that Raizadas owned. Taking help from vicious but foolish Pratap Malik's connections, he even got into the dealership as a temp employee to join the vehicle maintenance staff. So, when Raizadas send their cars there for monthly maintenance, he could tamper with the fuel lines and ensure it would the last time they ever had a car ride!

But his solid plan foiled. All thanks to that more-than-needed sharp inspector, Sameer!

Or maybe it was rani saheba's utterly strong lifeline as well as sale sahab's that was saving them from their untimely exit from planet Earth?

Whatever it was.

He got to know that Sameer had asked for ID and bio details of all the employees. He would easily get caught this way. So, cursing his luck and keeping bigger goal in mind, Shyam managed to make his first day at job his last.

But that didn't mean he accepted defeat.

Some small joys could still be his if he played his cards right.

Khushi was set to perform at an event and he could use this chance to set his other plan in action.

"Here's your entry pass to the auditorium, Jha." Pratap malik handed him the pass to the event.

Shyam smiled sinisterly as he saw it, but then his brows furrowed in confusion as he read the name, "Naagraj? Who is this?"

Pratap laughed, "You, who else? I couldn't use your real name, could I? So, we had to use an alias."

"But Naagraj? It literally means-"

"Snake. Yup. I think it suits you." he patted shyam's shoulder, "and you better finish your task this time."

--*--

It was an afternoon of the day of the event. Since it was their college's official mid-semester event, as well as the performances could add to the final grades for them, all boys and girls were very serious about their dances. And while most of the Raizada ladies were with Khushi, in the girls' side of backstage room where she was getting ready, Lavanya and Kashish were with Devesh on the boys' side of rooms. Apart from them, Aakash too was there in their mission.

"What do you mean I cannot go on the stage?" Devesh asked, exasperated. Here these two ladies and this one bespectacled man were basically telling him to spoil one of the main performances of the night, where he was going to dance with Khushi on a duet song. The fact that one of those 2 ladies was his longtime friend Lavanya, didn't help much either.

"Come on, Dev. We told you why. Khushi and Arnav need to dance together tonight. This may help her remember her past." Lavanya said.

"Besides, it's a noble work to help two lovers. It might even help you reunite you with your own lost love?" Kashish said, eyeing between him and La. Sometimes she wondered if she was sent to Delhi for a sole purpose of playing cupid between estranged couples!

Lavanya narrowed her eyes at Kashish while Dev too looked uncomfortable.

He cleared his throat, "Fine, even if I deny going there, what reason would we give? And how will Arnav go there?"

"How about a sudden sprain in your leg?" Kashish said, wickedly, making Dev look at her with horrified eyes.

"I mean a fake one, of course." She added seeing his scared face.

"And don't worry about bhai, we have that covered. Let's just say this won't be the first time he is getting pushed to go on the stage to help Khushi ji." Aakash spoke, remembering about Arnav's "selfless" acts to join Khushi on their sangeet night and then on the night of "Heer Ranjha" play.