Chapter 11

Lisa and Rosé entered the condo. "Baby Kuma, we're home!" Rosé exclaimed happily, carrying Kuma as she turned on the lights. She was surprised to find the place cleaned, knowing that Lisa had been cleaning it twice a week.

She fed Kuma first and began organizing their things for the evening. Lisa, lost in thought, wore a distant expression.

Noticing this, Rosé asked, "Lisa, are you okay?"

Lisa forced a smile. "I'm fine," she lied, her mind preoccupied with thoughts of earlier event.

Rosé continued to put things away, but Lisa gently stopped her. "That's enough. I'll do it. You should rest."

Rosé chuckled. "It's only my foot and hand that are hurt. It's not like I'm pregnant. Why are you so cautious?"

Lisa paused for a moment, then continued helping Rosé with her things. They proceeded to cook dinner together, sharing laughter and stories.

As Rosé recounted her time in New York, Lisa occasionally drifted off, staring blankly. Rosé assumed she was just tired.

After dinner, they went to bed. Lisa insisted on massaging Rosé's injured foot and changing her bandages. Seeing the bruise, Lisa murmured, "It looks painful."

Rosé reassured her, "Don't worry. The doctor said after half a year of recovery, it'll be as good as new."

Lisa's irritation flared. "Half a year? That means you'll need to stay here for half a year before you can return to New York?"

Rosé nodded with a smile. "Yes."

Lisa's thoughts raced. "Half a year? By then, Jennie would have already given birth."

Rosé sensed her unease. "Lisa, you don't need to worry about me. During this time, we can live well together."

Lisa gave a small smile. "I'm just concerned about New York. They put in so much effort to persuade you."

Rosé agreed. "Yeah, they did."

Lisa massaged Rosé's leg gently. "Does this hurt?"

Rosé sighed contentedly. "Your massage skills are just as good as ever."

Lisa smiled. "Of course. You used to practice dancing for over fifteen hours a day. If I hadn't been there to massage you after practice, you'd have a line of admirers behind you."

Rosé laughed. "Do you want to get beaten?" They both laughed, a sense of normalcy settling in.

"You've put in all your effort and even sacrificed for me to play Odette on stage. Now you have to drop out of the world tour because of your injury," Lisa said, her voice filled with regret.

Rosé looked at her, their eyes locking. "Even I feel it's unfortunate. You must feel even worse." She leaned in, kissing Lisa slowly.

Lisa was shocked but kissed Rosé back. Rosé broke the kiss, resting her forehead against Lisa's. "Please don't leave me. As long as I have you, I can face anything. But if I lose you, I won't have the courage to stand back up. When I'm hurt, I need you."

Lisa felt a wave of pity. "Rosé, I-" she began, but Rosé placed an index finger on her lips.

"That's why, if I lose you, I'll truly have nothing," Rosé said softly.

Rosé hugged Lisa tightly and kissed her passionately.

~

Meanwhile, back at the mansion, Jennie received a delivery of baby items from Lisa. Which she ordered it yesterday. The maids brought the boxes to the guest room, which Jennie planned to turn into the baby's room. She decided to decorate it herself, hoping to distract herself from her problems.