Sanctuary - Part 2

In the end it wasn't all that difficult to make the flat fit for two. Jade hadn't been lying, she did have an en suite bathroom. What she hadn't told Perrie was that it was filled with her junk. So the first order of business was to move the junk into storage. Once that was done she ordered a spare bed and bedroom furniture, putting it all in the room by herself so that it would be ready for Perrie. After that she texted Perrie, who was visiting her mother, and let her know the place was ready. The younger girl arrived that evening with several bags and a suitcase full of clothes, and of course Hatchi.

Jade met her at the door where they exchanged awkward smiles. Then she invited her in, showed her to the room, and left her to get set up. An hour later Jade knocked on the door. "Perrie?" she called through the door.

"Yeah?" the blonde shouted back.

"How are you doing in there?" Jade asked, checking that the pregnant woman was still okay.

"I'm almost done. Just putting some clothes away." Of course she was still sorting through her wardrobe. When Perrie found out she was pregnant she bought a large haul of maternity clothes so that however big she was she would have something stylish to wear.

"Are you hungry?"

Jade heard Perrie laughing at her question through the door. "The answer to that question will always be yes."

She chuckled faintly. "What do you want to eat?"

Perrie huffed this time, hating this question. "Everything. What can I eat? Not much. Pasta is out. Most meat is out. I can eat bread and eggs and cheese. Most fruit is out, except for bananas. I can eat peas and carrots and cucumbers and spinach-"

"So... basically you're telling me to throw out everything in my kitchen and buy all new stuff." Jade teased, wondering how long they were going to talk through this closed door. Wouldn't it just be easier if she could see Perrie?

"Basically." the younger woman agreed.

Jade let out a long-suffering sigh. She'd been through all of this already with Shireen and was hardly surprised by the restrictions; by the end of her second trimester even food she'd been gorging herself on was suddenly making her ill. She'd complained to Jade about it daily, mostly because every time they had a conversation the evil Geordie had made a point of talking regularly about all the lovely food she was eating.

"What about omelettes and toast, and then we'll go grocery shopping tomorrow?" Jade thought of options out loud.

"Sounds fantastic. Want some help?"

The brunette shook her head, forgetting for a second that Perrie couldn't see her. "You finish. I'll come get you when it's ready."

"Thanks." Perrie was sitting on the bed looking at a pile of clothes. Her wardrobe was already mostly full and she was struggling to figure out how to make it all fit. Hatchi was sitting in one of the moving boxes, claiming it as his possession. Sometimes that dog really acted like a cat.

It didn't take Jade long. Two omelettes, some hash browns from some potatoes she'd forgotten about, and a few slices of toast later she was knocking on Perrie's door again.

The blonde opened it with a smile and, rather proudly, showed Jade the room. She stared in some surprise. It looked like it belonged in another flat. She'd hung up pictures (without nails Jade guessed, since she hadn't heard any hammering), she'd put a blanket of her own on the bed to make it familiar, and she'd covered the dresser and bedside table with a variety of knickknacks and photos and small jewellery boxes. It looked like she was moving in to stay.

"Sorry." Perrie apologised with a sheepish smile. "I just wanted to make it comfortable. I'm more likely not to be in your way if I actually want to be in the room."