The Fake Girlfriend - 5

Jade blinks away the fuzzy spots in her visions as the flash goes off yet again.

"Just one more!" Norma begs for probably the tenth time.

Jade presses a groan down, feeling like a petulant child. But her mother's been taking pictures for forever now.

"Don't whine." Perrie practically giggles into the shell of Jade's ear. Jade rolls her eyes and crunches her face up in a ridiculous smile while Perrie laughs.

Norma frowns at her phone, as it's likely out of focus, and gestures for another picture. Jade scowls this time and Norma raises a scolding finger. "None of that Jade Amelia, smile and make nice with your girlfriend."

Jade scoffs, though she can't help but smile as she looks at Perrie. The flash goes off again, but Jade's barely paying attention.

James finally puts Jade out of her misery. "Alright, Norma, let's find our seats."

Norma makes a noise of complaint and snaps one more picture just as Perrie leans in to press a kiss to Jade's cheek. "Adorable." she coos.

Jade's cheeks grow warm and she slides into the pew next to Perrie.

Perrie laces their fingers together easily, the feeling familiar and calming. Jade giggles when Perrie picks up their hands and kisses at each of Jade's knuckles.

Another flash goes off behind them.

"Leave them be, Norma." James says.

Jade ducks her laughter against Perrie's shoulder.

The ceremony isn't too large; only a few dozen people total are in the church. Jade smiles and makes faces at the flower girls, who giggle sweetly.

When Jade comments on the purple bridesmaid dresses, Perrie sniffs haughtily.

"They're lilac, actually." Perrie says in a voice that sounded remarkably similar to how the twins did the night before. Jade has to bite her lip to keep from laughing aloud.

"Bet you ten bucks Ahmed cries first." Perrie whispers as they rise for the bride's march.

"You're on." Jade grins.

Lauren really is a stunning bride. Her dress is gorgeous and she looks like she belongs in a wedding magazine. She only makes it halfway down the aisle before Jade loses the bet.

"Ahmed's crying." Perrie murmurs delightedly.

"No he's not," Jade gasps, but when she turns her head, Ahmed is absolutely dabbing at his eyes with a handkerchief that his best man gave him. "Oh, damn it." Jade whines.

Perrie just laughs.

The crowd is near silent as the two recite their vows. Near the end of Lauren's, Jade turns to look at Perrie to comment on how beautiful they are, only to find Perrie already staring at her. Jade feels like she's trapped in place, pinned under Perrie's gaze. Then Perrie gives her a little smile, pecks her cheek, and faces the front.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jade wrinkles her nose at the little arrangement in the center of the table. It's been crushed flat – Jade's not sure how – but the little flower petals still look pretty. The music is kind of loud in the reception hall, but Jade doesn't mind. One of the flower girls runs over to sit in Jade's lap and giggle before dashing off again like a little fairy.

"Hey." Lauren appears suddenly in her beautiful gown. If Jade ever wore so much white, she'd have stained it pretty badly at this point.

Jade smiles and hugs her tightly. "You're a married woman now. Speaking of, aren't you supposed to stick with your husband?"