𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐬𝐚𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐚

𝘼 𝘿𝙀𝙎𝙄𝙍𝙀𝙁𝙐𝙇 𝙎𝘼𝙊𝙍𝙎𝘼 (           𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘛𝘞𝘖           )

𝘼 𝘿𝙀𝙎𝙄𝙍𝙀𝙁𝙐𝙇 𝙎𝘼𝙊𝙍𝙎𝘼
(           𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘛𝘞𝘖           )

"To Gracefield House."

With that, Nozomi's eyes widened, as well as the Gracefield escapees as she placed her palm against her lips, thinking while the others spoke. Her eyes darted towards the ground, suppressing a twitch in her left eye.

There was no more need for guessing, it is him. He's the only one alive who can do this. He had control over all the farms... but it also didn't make any sense. Because how would he be able to transfer the kids to Gracefield without Yverk knowing?

Her eyes then snapped wide in realization. It connected all the dots and confirmed her theory that she built together when they were first riding out to the Paradise Hideout.

It was intended to be a feast, a meal for the Queen. Without the other Aristocrats knowing, only Yverk and Legravalima's little secret delight. Meaning that the smartest were also intended to be captured, so that nobody would know that she was eating the most intellectual.

But that meant nothing now. There was no reason for a reason.

She looked around and noticed their mouths moving but she didn't pay attention to that. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, separating that from the other four Lambda experiments...

They were hopeless now. There was only fourteen of them, how are you suppose to combat only a small portion against thousands of Imperial Soldiers. And even if they did have a chance against them, not anymore. The strongest was Barbara, Cislo, and Zazie, and the three can't fight.

Barbara and Cislo could possibly face infections if they stay out far longer and they don't have medical supplies to take care of that. Not to mention that Zazie probably has horrible injuries that significantly weaken him because of the blow Legravalima dealt to him.

Fuck, why didn't she plan ahead more further?! If she did, then it would be highly possible that this wouldn't happen. If they got there on time, they could've ended that son of a...

No, she couldn't think like that anymore. Despite the dying hatred she couldn't stack, it wasn't going to solve anything right now. Still, it also didn't replace the undying pit of anxiety churning in her stomach.

They lost all their pieces, the King was left out in the open. Bare, naked almost.

And there was nothing left to protect it.

❝ ✎ ━━━━ 💌 ━━━━ ❞

The face of Peter Ratri began to terrify me slowly, despite the cheerful charm he carried. The eyes, how his face seemed innocent, trusting. I would say, the definition of a carefree serial killer.