The first door (2)

They grabbed the oars lying on the ground, moved the raft away from the shore and sat in it.

Pushing the water back with the oars, the two moved forward.

[ The river's water was shining brightly, emitting a yellowish golden glow due to a few rays of sunlight falling on it. The sun was about to rise.]

They took the sigh of relief and reached the other side, listening to the chirping of birds and feeling the gentle touch of wind.

"If that girl hadn't helped us to escape and that boy hadn't given his raft to us, I don't know when we would have been able to get out of the tribals", shruti stated with gratitude.

"Yes. Let's move ahead quickly now, we have wasted a lot of our time. We can't even think of sleeping for a while. We have to reach there as soon as possible ", saloni announced with a stressful face.

Both of them were walking silently without talking for hours.

Only the sound of the leaves being crushed under their feet, the sound of birds and the flowing river could be heard.

They continued walking like this for a few more hours until they heard the sound of a waterfall falling.

They followed that sound before taking the map out of their bag .

"According to this map, the first door should be where the waterfall falling from,"saloni chimed. " We are very close to the first door".

"Then we will have to go to the top of this mountain because this fall is falling from there," pointing towards the top of the mountain, shruti concurred.

Saloni sat on her knees and took out a thick rope from the bag. Meanwhile Shruti brought two big and  strong sticks from nearby.

Saloni tied the first end of rope around her waist and then rounding the other end of the rope from shruti's back  tied it to her waist tightly. So that they won't get  separated.

Grasping the sticks in their hands, they started climbing the mountain with shruti in front and saloni behind her.

After climbing for a few hours, their legs felt heavy, their feet started aching, and they started panting . Their respiration was very fast.  Both of them were very tired.

"Saloni, we should just stop here and take rest for a while. I can't climb any more."

"We are only a few metres away. And it's about to sunset. We have to reach at the top before dusk. Please,  bear a few more minutes. We are about to reach."

"Ahh....aren't you tired dude? "

"I'm really very tired shruti, but we can't stop here. It's dangerous. "

"Ahhh...Ok. Let's go". Shruti bemoaned.

After half an hour, they reached the top of the mountain.

As soon as she reached the top, Shruti lay down on the soft grasses of the mountain . Both of them breathed a sigh of relief. They lay down on the grass,as,if they had attained heaven.

The glow of the setting sun was falling on their eyes, giving them a lot of peace. Both of them, keeping their hands behind their heads, were watching the sunset and the birds returning their home in the sky. Without saying anything, they were peacefully enjoying the sounds of nature and relaxing.

Soon it was night. They picked up some dry pieces of wood from nearby and burnt a campfire with the help of the lighter kept in shruti's bag.

Putting her hand in her bag, Saloni said, "Let's have a meal . The whole zoo is quarreling into my tummy ".

"Of course," with her eyes on ground and wooden logs in her hand, shruti stated while making the campfire. "I'm starving too. "

Saloni took out some food from her bag. Both of them sat cross-legged on the ground and started eating.

After dinner, both of them fell asleep on soft, warm grasses of the mountain.

Next morning

The sun rays hit their eyes and woke them up.

Both of them sat up, rubbing their eyes, stretching, and covering the mouth to stop yawning.

"After so many days, I slept properly," shruti said while yawning.

"Me too".

They freshen up and sat on the rocks nearby.

Saloni took out the map and said, "According to the map, we are sitting exactly on the same location as the first door."

"But, where is it?"shruti questioned with a surprised face. "There's no door as far as my eyes can see."

"Well, I am surprised too. I'm unable to get it," rolling her eyes in tiredness, saloni replied. "What the hell is going on"?

"Hey! Look at that girl, who is she?" Shruti asked surprisingly.

A girl was coming from the direction of sun. The sunlight was so bright that their eyes were not able to focus on that girl. Both of them were unable to see her face.

The girl with beautiful brown, curly hairs, glassy eyes, and with a beautiful smile ,came closer to them.

"How did you get here? And when? How did you know we were here? And  if you are here then who is taking care of upasana..? Tell me nainsi," saloni questioned.

"The old lady asked me to come here. She said, I'll take care of upasana you should go . Your need is there not here. She told me about this place and asked to come as soon as possible.  I don't know why she said that!" Nainsi answered patiently.

"Ok . Leave that shit. Have a seat here", pointing towards one of the rocks, saloni asked nainsi to take a seat.

As nainsi sat on that rock, a loud sound was heard.

"What was that?" Shruti exclaimed with a fearful face.

Immediately, a very bright light came out of those three stones ,joined together and turned into a circular figure.

The trio was amazed. There eyes widen when they saw what had just happened in front of them.

"What is this?"

"I don't know ".

"I can't even imagine."

They uttered in surprise.

 "Hey! Have a look

"Hey! Have a look . The light is turning into a door ", saloni exclaimed with the widen eyes , opened mouth and amazed face.

"Can it be the "first door" we were searching for? Shruti asked surprisingly.

"It must be. dude....It must be." Uttered nainsi .