chapter : 8

They started Fidgeting with their clothes and were feeling like their heartbeat is in their head.
They were so stressed and nervous that their brain stopped helping. They were predicting different answers but were unable to get the right one.

"I think everyone had gone to the basement of the boat," biting her lips nainsi uttered. " That's why everyone got disappeared."

"But going into the basement would have taken much more time than a blink as not everyone could enter at the same time." shruti concurred.

'"can you give us a hint?" with a confused face saloni asked to the door as she wasn't sure that the door will or won't.

"It's a very simple question which doesn't need any hint. Just apply your common sense , you will find the answer in the question itself. Now, answer quickly , you only have 1 minute left," replied the door.

All three were lost in thought with their hands on their temples, and lips pulled in tightly.
"Hey ! Is it because everyone jumped out of the boat?" saloni said while suggesting the answer.
"It's not a practical answer," shruti bemoaned.

"You see a boat filled with people. It has not sunk, but when you look again you don't see a single person on the boat. Why? Nainsi dived into the ocean of thoughts.

"There were not a single person because everyone was married. Can it be the answer?" nainsi questioned.

"What the hell are you saying, it's a very silly answer. I don't think it could be the right one",shruti rolled her eyes.

"No no no, I think nainsi is right.
Isn't the door said that the answer is hidden in the question itself? Just think if it's not the answer then what it would be. This answer shows a question of common sense also", saloni said after coming out of a deep thought and while agreeing to nainsi.

"Yeah. You're right,"shruti agreed.

"Yes. It could be the answer as if everyone was married , we can not see a single person after so many blinks also," saloni and shruti stated in unison.

"Ok . Then , I should answer quickly," saloni announced while stepping forward towards the door to answer. " It's because everyone was married."

The trio was staring at the door with wide eyes. They crossed their fingers and put the fist on their mouth. "Please say it's correct.......please......please........just say it quickly." They whispered.

"It's correct," announced the door.

" Now, it's the time for the last question. If you guys will not be able to answer correctly then your soul have to leave your body and you will never be able to take the entry. Are you ready for the last question," asked the door.

"We are ready," the trio announced in unison.

"Ok. so, last but not the least. Your question is..................................When you stop to look, you can always see me. But if you try to touch me, you can never feel me. Although you walk towards me, I remain the same distance from you. What am I?

The trio drew a blank stare at each other.
They tilted their eyes quizzically and a look of puzzlement crossed their faces. They put their hand on their chin and dived into a deep thought.

"It's the last question. That's why it seems so complex. The door wants to kill us dude,"nainsi stated while wiping the sweat from her face that wasn't ready to stop."We are going to die."

"Nainsi please be patient and calm, only this can help us in solving the riddle," shruti assured her with her eyes on ground, fingers on chin and mind into deep thought. "We will definitely be able to enter".