chapter: 7

Saloni, Shruti, and Nainsi set out on a journey to find the lost lake. They had been searching for so long that they couldn't believe their luck when they finally stumbled upon the first entrance. They met with a circle of light.

As Saloni took a step forward to enter, a powerful force knocked her back to the ground. The same thing happened when Shruti and Nainsi tried to enter.

They wondered if this was really the entrance or if they were being tricked by some unseen force.

"Why we are not able to enter? If the map is correct, then it must be the first door. And if it is the first door then why is it throwing us down again and again whenever we are trying to enter?" Shruti exclaimed shockingly with tighten lips and vertical wrinkles between her eyebrows.

Before anyone could answer,
Unexpectedly, a deafening voice of someone was heard. That sound was coming from that door.

"It is not that easy to enter the door. If you guys want to get in then you all have to answer some questions first. You will get entry for the correct answers and death for the wrong ones. Are you ready." the sound coming from the door asked.

The colour drained from their face, they fought a rising panic, their heart leaped into their throat.

"D.....D.....Dea....Death...for the wrong....one...ones?"nainsi questioned with a fearful face, and accelerated breathing.

"Yes," answered the door.

The trio gathered together holding hands of each other and started discussing about what to do next!

"What if we didn't answer correctly? It's the matter of our lives," nainsi asked her friends with a fearful face.

"We can't give up. If we will not answer then we will neither be able to find that lost lake nor be able to treat upasana. We have to step forward for the sake of our friend," shruti replied holding the hands more tightly.

"Look, we will discuss every question first and then whatever answer we'll get, I'll answer it so that if the answer became wrong the two of us will still be alive and continue the journey further."saloni announced.

"We're ready for your questions", they announced in unison.

"Ok. So, the first question is......... 'I cradle the earth, yet no arms I possess, my reach is wide, my touch caress'. What am I? " asked the door very loudly.

"No arms...? Wide reach...? Touch caress...? What it should be? " nainsi stated while pulling in her mouth tightly.

"I studied somewhere that life first began in ocean and that's why sometimes it's termed as the cradle of life. But can it be the answer as the cradle of earth?"saloni asked while drawing her eyebrows together.

" Yes. It could be as the widest thing on this earth is none other than the ocean and it doesn't possess any arm."shruti said.

"And if ocean dries life will be impossible on earth so we can say that it's touch cares the earth", nainsi exclaimed.

"So, I'm going to answer", saloni stated hesitantaly. "The answer is 'ocean'. "

Saloni answered but she was very nervous as it may be incorrect also. Her mouth stretched and drawn back. She clutched at her chest, fingers trembling as if trying to keep her racing heart from leaping out of her body.She pressed her trembling hands against her temples, trying to still the frantic thoughts racing through her mind.

Shruti and nainsi were also very anxious.Their skin prickled with a clammy cold sweat, goosebumps rising. Their thoughts careened through a maze of worst-case scenarios, each possibility more terrifying than the last as panic hijacked their rationality.

"It's the correct answer", announced the door.

The trio hold their hands over their chests, exhaled heavily and took a sigh of relief. " Thank God", they thanked to God in unison.

"Now, it's the time for next question. You only have 3 minutes. Are you ready? "

"Yes", they announced in unison.

" Okay. So, the next question is...... You see a boat filled with people. It has not sunk, but when you look again you don't see a single person on the boat. Why? "

Their mind got blank.

"What type of question is this? How did everyone got disappeared in just a blink?"they yelled surprisingly in unison.