Ch :: 24

A week had passed since Ram and Priya's unexpected reunion. Neither of them had made an effort to see each other again, both caught in a web of thoughts and emotions, fearing that rekindling their connection might complicate their lives. Ram, however, found it increasingly difficult to ignore the restlessness that gnawed at him.

The morning of his departure from Singapore dawned, and Ram felt a weight pressing down on him, a sense of urgency he couldn't shake. Questions about Priya swirled in his mind: Why had she lied about returning soon? Why couldn't they be together now? Did she ever truly love him? These thoughts tormented him, making it impossible to focus on anything else.

Determined to find answers, Ram decided he couldn't leave the city without speaking to her one last time. He searched through the information he had about Priya's job, finally tracking down the contact number for her company. His heart pounded as he stared at the number, his thumb hovering over the call button.

For a moment, he hesitated, doubts flooding his mind. What if this only made things worse? What if she didn't want to talk to him? But the need for closure outweighed his fears. Taking a deep breath, he pressed the call button and lifted the phone to his ear.

The phone rang, each ring feeling like an eternity. Ram's mind raced with what he would say, how he would explain himself. Just as he was about to lose hope, a voice answered on the other end.

"Hello,

Ram's heart skipped a beat at the sound of her voice. "Priya, it's Ram," he said, his voice betraying the nervousness he felt.

There was a pause, and Ram could almost hear her surprise. "Ram... hi," she responded, her tone cautious.

"I know this is sudden, and I don't want to intrude," Ram began, struggling to keep his voice steady. "But I couldn't leave without talking to you. There are things I need to know, things that have been bothering me since we met."

Priya was silent for a moment, and Ram feared she might end the call. But then she spoke, her voice softer. "What is it, Ram?"

Ram's plea hung in the air, heavy with unresolved emotions. "Let's meet and talk," he said, his voice urgent with a mixture of hope and desperation.

Priya hesitated, her mind racing. She knew that if she saw Ram again, she wouldn't be able to hold back her feelings. The walls she had carefully built around her heart would crumble, and she wasn't sure she was ready for that. Searching for an escape, she blurted out, "But Ram, I don't think it's a good day. The weather forecast says there's an 89% chance of rain today."

Ram's frustration boiled over, his patience finally snapping. "Oh, shut up, Priya. Stop making silly excuses," he said, his tone exasperated but pleading. "Let's take one last chance. Trust me, after this, I'll never bother you again."

Priya paused, the sincerity in Ram's voice breaking through her defenses. She realized that despite her fears, she couldn't keep running away from this. From him. "I will try," she said softly, her voice barely above a whisper.

Ram's relief was palpable. "Thank you, Priya. I'll be waiting for you outside the railway gate," he said, his voice filled with a mix of anticipation and resolve.

As they ended the call, Priya felt a tumult of emotions crashing over her. She glanced out the window at the overcast sky, the looming threat of rain mirroring the storm inside her heart. Despite her trepidation, she knew she had to face this meeting, to confront the feelings she had buried for so long.

Ram, on the other hand, felt a flicker of hope ignite within him. He left his hotel room and made his way to the railway gate, each step fueled by determination. The bustling city seemed to blur around him as he focused on the impending conversation with Priya.