Blossom ✧ - Chapter 5

Author's POV: ✯

Ju Eun fell asleep later on, her head rested on Heeseung's arm. While Heeseung was still holding her close to him. He watched how Ju Eun slept so soundly, and he found her really adorable.

~(⁠✷(~✿⁠~)✷⁠)~

The next morning, Ju Eun woke up, her body all sore, especially her lower parts. She checked her own body, and she was dressed into her pajama. Just then, Heeseung entered the room, taking a visit.

"Good morning, princess. Did you sleep well?" Heeseung asked, approaching her by the bed. Ju Eun's brows furrowed a bit upon hearing his statement, she felt annoyed that she had to see him first thing in the morning.

She didn't respond to his statement and stayed quiet, fidgeting her fingers again. "Hey, are you anxious?" Heeseung asked, his tone a bit concerned.

"I just came to visit you. Look, since you slept with me last night, I took out 500 thousand dollars from your father's debt." Ju Eun's eyes widened upon hearing his words. She then took the courage to ask, "... How much exactly is my father's debt?"

"Oh sweetie, numbers you couldn't even imagine," Heeseung replied with a smirk formed on his lips, now gently rubbing Ju Eun's cheek. "Please specify." "Alright, he owes us 140 million dollars," he replied, his gaze focused on Ju Eun's face.

Her eyes widened upon hearing the amount of debt her father had on them. "What did he do to that money?" Ju Eun thought to herself, now getting anxious by her thoughts again.

Heeseung then held Ju Eun's hands, trying to calm her nerves down, noticing how she got anxious. "Don't worry, you already started paying some off because of last night," he says, rubbing his thumb through her hands.

Ju Eun was confused. What did her dad possibly do to that kind of money? His salary costs more than where they lived, why did he even need those money? Was he gambling? She also found it strange, since her father was rarely home and she didn't know where he went as well, maybe he was gambling after all. Until it got to the point where he lost over a hundred million dollars to these guys.

Heeseung took a hint at what Ju Eun was thinking, and he knew that it was about her father. "You don't know, do you?" Heeseung asked, grabbing her chin to make her look up at him. "Your father gave us a bet, and well, he offered the exact money I mentioned earlier, and obviously, he lost. Your stupid old man didn't even have the money, yet he dared to even offer."

"Luckily, he has a gorgeous daughter. I'm starting to think I got a much more valuable than money," He added, then leaning close to Ju Eun's face.

Ju Eun leaned back a bit, her expressions still confused. "What was the bet? Why would he even offer such money? My dad is a competitive person, but I know he wouldn't go that far," Ju Eun says, her brows furrowing.

Heeseung chuckled at hearing her response, finding her confusion amusing. "You see, your father is just really beyond stupid. He simply placed a bet on a baseball game. See how stupid he is?" Heeseung replied in a mocking tone.

Ju Eun stayed quiet, feeling a mix of rage and sadness. Her own father gave her up just like that, but even so, she still did love him. He was the only family she had, now she got betrayed, she was hurt and enraged at the same time.

Heeseung sighed then jolted back up, now putting his hands on his pockets. "I'm heading to work. You should get dressed up for school," he says, before turning around to leave. He looked young to even go to work, but he must've taken over his family's company.