9 - Switching sides

This new thing about him made him feel valuable, something special.
He ran his hand through his freshly bleached hair. Somehow it looked incredibly good on him.

Despite his limited clothing choices, which Leo had restricted for him, he had more than enough clothes. And the ones he had looked great.

But he still felt uncomfortable. How could he feel comfortable if he no longer made the important decisions himself?

He couldn't mess things up with his new friends. But he didn't want them as friends. And his hobbies had also been drastically reduced. Without any consent. Now he was someone completely different. Maybe that had motivated him to rap.

He looked in the mirror. When he turned around, he saw that the room had changed. Creepy.

Had he simply gotten used to the swap or did they look so similar now that he couldn't recognize himself anymore?

Whichever it was, he knew the swap wouldn't last long. Or at least he thought so. Because a few minutes passed in which he stared into the mirror.

"Food!" shouted a male voice from outside the bedroom door.

Leo's heart skipped a beat. He almost forgot. His father. He made his way to the kitchen inadvertently.

"Would you like to eat with us today?" asked Victoria, his mother, more than just enthusiastically.

"Yes, why not," Leo replied, as indifferently as he could.

He was seething with excitement and mixed emotions inside, but he had to keep up appearances. If he behaved too strangely, they would notice.

He took a portion and sat down at the table.

You could see that a man lived here. They had the same kitchen as him over there, but there were a lot of little clues to a father. For example, in a small corner under a crate of water bottles was a case of beer. And the cushions on the sofa had been carelessly thrown into a corner. The grill in the garden, which could be seen through the large windows, was not rusty and dirty either. It was well maintained.

He wasn't really sure what to do with the new family member, so he remained silent. Nevertheless, his excitement did not diminish in the slightest.

"Leo, are you OK?" he heard his mother ask.

He nodded quickly. Then his head went squishy. Leondre closed his eyes. When he opened them again, he was on a bus. Confused, he looked at the display, but it was broken.

He got off at the next stop. Well done. Now he was somewhere in the middle of nowhere and if he was unlucky he would have to wait a while for the bus back.

He turned the music on his headphones down. Right now he missed his old one-sided life. In situations like this, he couldn't imagine anything worse. Waiting for the bus in an unknown area was a final stage.

He sighed. Although he had unread messages, he ignored them on purpose.

Why had Leo done this to him?

A/N: im sorry for the short chapters its due to me writing this originally in german, where we have way more and way longer words