We Bloom at Night | Yang Jungwon

FLUFF | Fate Stuff | "Reborn" | Vampire Reader | Vampire Jungwon | Forehead Kiss | Little Angst | Song: Moonstruck |

As if the stars aligned on that fateful night he met you.
Jungwon had a habit of wandering through this city he was reborn in. Quite unfamillier with the rules of this new ruling kingdom?

He had just awoken, not long ago. He doesn't know how, but he's still alive. The last of his memory was of being stabbed and left to lay in an vacant flower field. Blood tainting the blooms as he fought the feeling of death overcoming his nerves.

He can't die, not yet. There's still a promise he hasn't fulfilled. One he holds most up close to his heart.

That's when he had heard a familiar voice weeping beside him. With the remaining life energy flowing within him, he turned around to be faced with the love of his life.

Reaching out, he held her hand, with the last of her energy, he interlaced his fingers with hers, soothing her sorrow to sleep as she held his face with a shattered look in her eyes.

When was this? Why was this the only memory of his life? Where is he now? What year is it?

Through his wandering he was found by his coven mates, Jay and Sunoo, all seven of them were in "hiding". Not truly hiding, they were just blending into their new lives. He learned how this world works quite quick and Jay helped him buy his own place to live.

And after months of being introduced into this new world amd how vampires were only a myth, when in fact during the, so called, middle ages there were tons of them, but if Heeseung's memory served him right, they were exterminated for being sinners, and all record of them ever existing was wiped from books, libraries and in place of them came fairytales.

They came to the conclusion that someone came up with stories to frighten children. And for those of the population who did, at some point of their life witness vampires? They were sent to the hospital and asylums by their own loved ones, claiming sickness and hallucinations.

Now, in the present day, he had found you in a park, hidden beneath the moon and trees, but what lead him to you was this familiar scent you owned and the voice of your cries.

They reminded him of the girl who was weeping beside him that night in the field.
Upon closer inspection, his footsteps masked by the chill breeze and birds singing in the distance.

In a soft and gentle voice he called your name. He knows it's an impossible idea, but his heart has been torn, by fate not love, fate separated the two of you and this was his final shot.

"Jungwon?" Between quiet sobs, you regain your full conscious. He immediately rushed over, not caring the his arms were attacked by little twigs, he assessed the situation you were in.

You were between the gates of life and death. He had so many questions, but ultimately he called the ambulance.

You filed a case against the woman who assaulted you in the woods. She was actually an individual your age, the two of you attended the same college and she was indeed your bestfriend, Sooha.

After you fully healed, Jungwon attacked you with cuddles and questions. How did you survive? How did he survive? You surely did something with him that night, but what?

You're the only one who holds the key to answer his questions.

He had brought you over to his place, which is now your place of residence too.
The two of you just lay in bed, with the sheets covering your figures.

"Well, we would've died but I dragged your body over to the Alter. There's this area under it where almost everyone hid. That's how we survived, it took lots of time to heal you. Soon, we all regressed into our former states, and went into hibernation." You explained, holding him close, feeling his heartbeat. "It's funny how their current technology can't detect us and...Blood Moons only appear every century so~" the two of you giggle together.

"Now I can fulfil my promise to you." Jungwon mumbled, absent mindedly.

"Promise?"

"Yeah, I promised to stay with you, forever. Just the two of us in that field, you had me moonstruck, I wanted to hold you close, but I had no more life in me, so I fell asleep." He mumbled onto the top of your head, pressing kisses onto your forehead, as the corner of his eyes prickled with tears at the horridly tranquil memory.

"You make me go crazy over you." You whispered, pulling him closer as tears prickled your eyes.

The two of you fell asleep in each other's arms, once again, this time with a promise to live for tomorrow.