chapter 1: you said you loved me

author's note: this is my first time writing anything like this and I cringed writing it so don't mind how bad it might be. also, english isn't my first language so please ignore any typos or mistakes. hope you enjoy the story.

----------------------------------

     Char's POV :

«you mean nothing to me, charlotte" 6 words than haunted charlotte's mind as she was making breakfast for her daughters, in a house where the woman she was crazy in love with no longer lived in, and hasn't for 2 days, not since their heated argument on friday that ended with mia revealing her true intention behind the relationship.

Mia came home late that day after what was supposed to be a meeting with the board of directors. She was distant and cold, she pushed Charlotte away when she went to give her a hug which she had never done before. When Char asked her what was wrong, she just ignored her.

Couple hours had passed since Mia arrived home, it was now 11:51pm, the girls were now asleep.

Char went to her and Mia's room that they had been sharing for 4 months now ever since Mia moved in after only 2 months of dating, expecting to see her girlfriend in bed waiting for her as she did every night but that wasn't the case, not tonight. Instead, it was the sight of Mia packing her clothes into a suitcase.

"Mia, what are you doing?" She said nothing. "Mia, what is happening?" "can you not take a hint? are you that bloody stupid?, I'm leaving, my job here is done, I got everything I need from you now i have no use for you" "what..?" "look, Charlotte, I gotta give it to you, you're a good little thing to have fun with but you have to face it sweetheart, someone like me doesn't go for someone like you" Char just stood there speechless "I needed to get closer to Marjorie and Reece and you were the perfect way to do so, you've helped me quite a lot but it's time you move on" "you said you l-loved me..." "and you believed that? how stupid are you? you mean nothing to me." Tears started streaming down her face as she was trying to take in everything that was just said, Mia, on the other hand, kept putting her belongings into her suitcase and turned towards the door before she felt a soft skinned hand grab her wrist, she looked up to see Charlotte sobbing "please" was all she was able to mutter. After a couple seconds, Mia pulled her arm away pushing Char back a little causing her to lose her balance and hit her head on a table before hitting the ground.

She didn't move for a couple seconds then finally sat up, only to watch the love of her life walk out the door without saying a word to her.

She left her..used and broken.