Chapter 6: why?

warning: slight mention of injuries

Char's POV: (Mia's is coming soon i promise)

She went straight to her room and took her clothes off before standing facing the mirrors and scanning her body, that's when she noticed them the little bruises covering certain areas of her body that she was too exhausted to notice this morning. Her legs, her stomach and her back, mainly. She tried to remember but nothing came to mind. She got in the shower and washed up thoroughly.

After she got out, she got dressed and got in bed, she didn't get a single minute of sleep that night. 7am came around, she had given up on sleep hours ago, she got up and grabbed her phone and starting texting marjorie: "hey marjorie, woke up feeling ill, can't make it to work today" before turning her phone off and getting back to bed.

She had spent the whole day in bed, no matter how hard she tried she couldn't find the energy to get up and do anything, she looked at the time: 3:30, her now ex-husband was gonna be there any minute to drop off her daughters.

Couple minutes later she heard the doorbell ring and went to open it assuming it was her ex, only to find out that it was in fact and ex but not husband but girlfriend holding grocery bags.

"what are you doing here, mia?", she wasn't unhappy to see her but after their last couple encounters, she didn't want to seem clingy. "marjorie said you were sick and asked me to drop these off" she said putting the bags down by the door, "she also said to tell you that you have the week off to rest", "why would she give me a week off out of nowhere?" "I don't know, she just did" was all she said before walking back to her car.

She grabbed the bags and took them inside opening them to find basic groceries such as milk, eggs..etc in them. She grabbed her phone and dialed marjorie's number.

M: hello, my love, how are you feeling?
C: I'm alright marjorie, thank you for the groceries, it was very lovely of you.
M: of course my love, anything you need. enjoy your time off and rest up, okay?
C: thank you for that as well, you really didn't have to.
M: well I couldn't say no.
C: no to what?
M: Mia's request for the time off
C: Mia requested it?
M: yes I thought you knew
C: yeah yeah I did, sorry, just fuzzy from the meds, thank you
M: you're welcome my love

'why would mia request time off for me and not tell me?' 'what is happening?'

A/N: I don't know how I feel about the new dialogue so let me know what you think.
hope you enjoy it <3
(this has been in my drafts for a while so sorry for any typos or mistakes)