The Deal.

The Watchers—demigods and gods fueled by chaos and rage, driven by an insatiable need to destroy servers. These malevolent beings thrive on the downfall of realms, masquerading as benevolent helpers while corrupting the very fabric of the worlds they infiltrate. The Watchers offer their assistance to admins burdened by the stress of maintaining order, presenting themselves as saviors. But behind their guise lies a sinister intent, one that inevitably leads to ruin.

Only one admin ever truly resisted the Watchers, battling against their malevolent influence with a resolve that was unmatched. His fight was valiant but ultimately futile. He vanished without a trace, leaving behind a server in shambles, its once vibrant community reduced to whispers of what had been. Unlike other admins who have recounted their encounters with the Watchers, this one simply disappeared, his fate a haunting mystery.

The hermits of Hermitcraft are well aware of this tale, a dark legend that serves as a grim reminder of the dangers posed by the Watchers. They know all too well the cost of accepting the aid of these purple-robed entities. The Watchers offer solace in times of distress, mending problems only temporarily, or worse, exacerbating them. Everyone knows the peril of making a deal with these creatures, yet the temptation often proves too great for those desperate enough.

The domain of the Watchers is a place shrouded in mystery. Those who have ventured into their realm return changed, their silence about what they witnessed more telling than words. Among the hermits, there are those who survived the destruction of the Evo server. They speak little of their experiences, their trauma palpable in their silence. They recall the admin who vanished, a figure both revered and mourned. He was young, protective, and caring—a brother to some. His strength and intelligence were undeniable, but in the end, his inexperience was his downfall.

Xelqua, that was the admin of the Evo server's name. Dressed in a Link outfit with vibrant blue eyes that seemed to pierce through to the soul, he was a figure of legend. A tapestry of the long-forgotten admins hangs on a wall, and among them is Xelqua, immortalized but presumed dead. He wore a necklace that matched one of my hermit's necklaces—hers was a hand-carved crescent moon, while his was the sun. The day he disappeared, she found it broken next to the world spawn. She didn't find all the pieces, but they kept insisting that the Watchers took their admin. Nobody really believed them, and no one was willing to search the Watchers' domain for him.

Xisuma, the steadfast admin of the Hermitcraft server, had been grappling with mysterious glitches and severe server breaks. Initially, he believed these issues were player-induced, but despite his relentless efforts to diagnose the problem, he found no clear answers. Joe Hills, ever the supportive friend, attempted to assist, but their progress was minimal. The glitches persisted, and with them, Xisuma’s frustration grew.

Everyone urged Xisuma to take a break, to rest and approach the problems with fresh eyes. But Xisuma, ever the diligent admin, felt the weight of the server's well-being on his shoulders. Ignoring their advice, he sought solace in the End, hoping its serene and desolate landscape would provide him with the clarity he needed.

In the back of his mind, the disappearance of his brother, Xavier, loomed large. The glitches had coincided with Xavier's vanishing, adding another layer of stress to Xisuma's already heavy burden. He couldn’t shake the feeling that the two events were connected, and this nagging suspicion only added to his determination to fix the server.

As Xisuma traversed the eerie expanse of the End, he found a momentary respite from the constant pressure. The silence was a balm to his frayed nerves, and for the first time in weeks, he felt he could breathe without the weight of the server’s issues pressing down on him. However, in this isolated place, far from the comforting presence of his friends, Xisuma was vulnerable.