Chapter 10: Does He Feel The Same Way pt.2

*Todd comes in the house*

Todd: Hey Ma

Mom: Hi son, we are having pizza for dinner tonight, is that fine?

Todd: Yeah Ma that's fine, can you add wings too

Mom: Dang boy, do you have money to add to this? I heard you fussing at August out there for gas money and you never put in on orders

Todd: *laughing* sheesh ma, I was trying my luck here

Mom: It's okay, I was trying to find a meal deal because I kinda want wings myself but still it was the principle. And speaking of August, is he coming back? If so, I may have to order 2 family meals for yall greedy selves.

Todd: Yeah, he coming back. You know he wanna see Y/N

Mom: Okay, let me order the food so it can come quick. And oh Alicia is studying in her room so don't bother her.

Todd: Okay Ma.

Y/N P.O.V.
I'm so overwhelmed but it's not like I have to tell him that I like him. It's just so hard to keep being around him with these feelings burning inside of me. He's such a great guy and never gave me any reason to not be comfortable. I think I'm going to start falling back from him until I can manage my feelings. I know it's wrong, but I have a toxic trait of isolating myself when things get too complicated.

*mom comes back inside room*

Mom: I just ordered the food. I had to double up because August is coming back.

Y/N P.o.v
My heart drops into my stomach every time I hear his name. I feel so crazy right now

Y/N: Oh okay cool.

Mom: Are you okay? I keep noticing how your mood goes up and down

Y/N: Yeah Ma, I'm fine. Do you mind if I  continue hanging out in here all day. We are having such a good time.

Mom: Mhmm August must really got you by the heart strings. If you like him, why do you want to be away from him so bad.

Y/N: Ma, keep it down. Everything isn't about him.

Mom: Hey I'm only going to say one more thing. If he avoided you and you had no clue what was wrong, that would hurt you. But do what you want.

Mom was right, I would be devastated if August just ghosted me out of no where. I know I am wrong...I just don't know how to handle something like this.

Y/N: Okay Ma, I hear you.

We sat and watched the movie and after about 30 mins passed, someone was knocking on the front door.

Mom: That must be the pizza man. Here *hands you the money* Can you get it for me. You can let him have the change as a tip.

Y/N: Okay, Ma. I'll put everything in the kitchen.

I walked to the door and didn't even think to look through the peep hole, let alone look out the window in my mom room to see if it really was the pizza guy.  I opened the door and there was August standing right in front of me with a black gift bag in his hand. I immediately felt nauseous from the butterflies in my stomach.

August: Hey Y/N, you look good as usual

Is he serious? I have on a black cami tank top and grey sweatpants with a scarf on my head.

Y/N: Oh hey August. I thought you were the pizza guy.

August: Dang you seem disappointed to see me

Y/N: No August, it's not like that. I'm just hungry