Chapter 11: Does He Feel The Same Way pt.3

Y/N P.O.V.

I feel so bad for just dipping out into my room. I barely acknowledged August today and I can tell that he knows something isn't right. Maybe he will just give up on me completely so I don't have to face him anymore. I would hate for things to go down like that, but it would be better than him rejecting me. Who am I kidding? Regardless of anything he's become a brother to Todd and pretty much a son to my mother. I would have to see him everyday anyways and honestly it's hard to resist him. He's always so helpful, kind, and caring. He does a lot for my family so for me to just act like he doesn't exist is impossible. Not only is avoidance not the answer, it just isn't an option.

The words my mom said kept replaying in my head. What if August just avoided me? What if he takes my distance as being not interested in him and find someone else? I can't keep running away from everything and being immature about how I feel. I know I don't have the guts to talk to him face to face so I am going to do what I do best and that's to write. After all, the first thing that sparked our friendship is when he read my notebook of poems. He knows about my passion for writing and he's told me how much he admires that. I'm still scared but I think this is the only way.

I pulled out notebook and started writing. This time it's not going to be anything poetic or deep to try and figure out, it's going to be straight forward honesty about how I feel.

August P.O.V.

Y/N has been in my head like crazy. I can't believe that I am so affected by her so soon. I usually don't really care about little things like this, but seeing her seem down really bothers me because I want to fix it. I know she likes her space and I want to respect that. I feel like I would be selfish if I just insert myself in what's going on with her but I don't want to seem like I don't care about her either. I continued to talk to Todd. Even though he's always joking around, he got a little sense and he gives good advice sometimes.

Todd: It looks like you're real sure about how you feel about my sister. I have never seen you like this so I know its real. You say you're willing to take a risk, well then here's your chance. She in the room sad about something. Try to be smooth, see what's going on, give her gift, and see if its the right time to tell her how you feel. But don't be too smooth nigga that's still my little sister.

August: *laughing* I got you. I'm not gone lie yo, i'm a little scared. Yall are my second family and if she not feeling me its gone be hard to come over after that.

Todd: Aye you said you wanted to risk your heart right?

August: You right, I just need a minute *sighs* I gotta come up with a plan, I don't want to just barge in there.

Todd: You stressed over Y/N? yo this is the funniest thing I ever seen. I mean I feel like the gifts will do the trick of cheering her up and then you just go from there.

August: Yes i'm stressed, im not afraid to admit that. And idk about the gifts pulling her in. Y/N is not materialistic, plus I got this from the kindness of my heart, not to persuade her or anything.

Todd: Yeah but you got her things that are meaningful. That's what counts.

August: You know what, you helped ease my nerves a bit. I think Imma take some food to her room and i'll see where it goes.

Todd: Like I said, just don't let it go too far. I'm about to take the wings left in this box to my room so. I'll see you tomorrow. Good luck bro *walks off towards hallway*

August: Alright man, thanks for everything

Todd: *yells from hallway* Its what I do *goes into room*

Y/N P.O.V.

I have read this letter to myself over 10 times now and I finally think it's good enough even though it only covers half of what I feel. I won't say i'm in love with August but after all of this stress, I can't tell what this is. I cleanly ripped the pages out of my notebook, folded them, and neatly placed them in an envelope. I wrote his name on the front of the envelope and sealed it.  Now I have to find the courage to give it to him. I really want to get this over with so I took a deep breath and headed to the door. As soon as I touched the doorknob there was a knock. I walked back to my bed and placed the envelope under my pillow. When I opened the door it was August standing in front of me with a box of pizza and wings