Cato

I grab Peeta roughly. I twist him into a headlock, and I can tell Katniss is terrified. I can hear the claws of the Capitol mutations scraping roughly against the metal down below. They are getting hungry. I feel awestuck. I am staring into the face of death. But I don't care.

 She knows I am prepared to do it. Make one more kill. It will make her the victor, for after his death she won't hesitate to shoot me. I won't win, either way. 

 I feel a slight movement. Then, out of nowhere, an arrow comes hurtling towards me and lodges into my hand. I am forced to let go, and topple over the edge of the Cornucopia. It seems to take an age for me to reach the floor.

 I am suddenly engulfed by a pack of starving animals. I can feel them tearing at my flesh, stipping my bones. I can just make out the shapes of Katniss and Peeta above me. Katniss is aiming her bow, but she's hesitant. I am in unimaginable agony. I just want to die. I mouth one word. 

 "Please"

 I hardly feel the arrow as it pierces my skin and puntures my heart. I hardly care as my eyes close. I feel the animals still scratching at my skin, still clawing through my flesh. Then I start to feel the life leaving my body, and I smile as I die.