District 4 - The Female Tribute

I stumble through the woods, desperatly trying to catch up with the others. I can hear them laughing. At me? No. At everything. All the death and destruction they've caused. All the childless families, back in all the individual districts. Not that I should really care - I'm a Career, after all. But I still do.

 By the time I catch up with them, they're underneath a tree, in the middle of a clearing. From what I can make out, there's someone lodged up it. I can't really see, as the sunlight burns my eyes.

 We end up camping there for the night. I think they're waiting it out. The flickering light from the fire makes everything look slightly hazy. I try to sleep, but it's impossible.

 I must eventually have dozed off. I wake to terrified screams. Something is attacking the others - I don't know what. I can't really tell. But then the stinging starts. A continueous pain which surges through my body.

 I run as fast as I can, but it's no use. I lose sight of all hope and feel tears tickling down my cheeks. I sway on my feet as my attacker overpowers me. The world slips out of focus as I drop to my knees. I scream but it's no use. A heavy thud alerts me of my backback falling to the ground. I didn't realise it was slipping. I don't really care.

 The world seems to slant sideways and the biting pains stings me everywhere. I feel my eyelids close and I know I am dead.