-ρяσℓσgυє-

"Y/n you can't seriously tell me this is you trying. I'm running out of options to put you in school." My dad told me from the front of the car. I'm hardly eight years old and this is the fourth school I've gotten expelled from. I stare down at my hands fidgeting with my fingers scraping my nails together. I know I'm not a typical kid, it's obvious. I'm trying as hard as possible to be on my best behavior, but it's almost as if the world is working against me. My dad and stepmom don't make it any better, always keeping me away from my other siblings, isolated, like I'm some kind of freak.

"I'm sorry dad, honest, I'm really trying I promise." I mumble from the back seat, my voice hardly over the humming of the road. "I've been seeing things, like creatures. Remember I told you about them?"

"I've heard it all, Y/n, this is becoming too much. These schools are expensive and you're not helping by getting expelled from every one of them." My dad sighed, a vein pulsing from his forehead every time he clenched his jaw.

"Sorry..." Was all the more I could say. We've had this conversation a million times, my dad slowly getting fed up more and more. It wasn't long before he'd snap. My eyes watered in frustration, a tear landing on my hand. I so desperately just wanted to be normal, and I didn't even know what was wrong with me, what made me a freak as my family would call me.

When we got home, I was scolded by my stepmom and told to stay in my room. I clenched my jaw and stomped in there, slamming the door. Nowadays, being banished to my room was hardly a punishment, I flopped on my bed and cried, tears of melancholy and anger. I wanted to be anywhere else but this stupid house.

That night, at around one in the morning, I packed backpack of a week's worth of clothes. I snuck to the kitchen and made a couple sandwiches to also last me a week, I also grabbed some granola bars and water bottles. My toes creeped against the cold hard tiles of the kitchen floor, and I stuffed everything in my bag.

I remembered that lately our alarm system was acting up on one of the windows, luckily on the first floor, so we disabled that one, giving me the perfect escape. Swinging my backpack on, I quietly opened the window, feeling the cold breeze of the night hit my face. I hopped out falling on the grass, closing the window from the outside.

I ran into the nearby woods, half scared out of my mind. They don't want me. Fine, they won't get to have me. Some part of me hopes that they'll at least care that I'm gone.

[𝐀 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫]

My food has almost run out. I have maybe one granola bar left. I'm currently sitting in the woods, I'm not sure how far I am from home. I avoided the city because its most likely more dangerous, people being there and all. I shiver as the breeze wooshes against my ears curled up in a ball. It's freezing and the night felt young.

Suddenly, the pattern in which the bushes are swaying is disrupted. I hear rustling in the distance, and a distant orange tinted light glows against the greenery of the woods. I slowly stand up and hide behind more bushes, my dirty shoes crouching in the muddy dirt. I can't imagine how I smell right now. I haven't showered in a week, and I've been roaming the woods trying to stay away from anything animate.

Peeking through the leaves, I spot goat legs. Do goats live in the woods? I decide that a goat is better than any and all the insects I've seen in these woods, so I slowly emerge from my hiding place.

Where'd the rest of the goat go? I quietly gasp and catch the attention of the goat-man. My eyes widen and I slowly back away. The leaves crunch with every step.

"Hi." The goat guy says softly. My tense shoulders immediately relax. He doesn't seem like trouble. He is tall with curly brown locs of hair, he had brown eyes, horns and brown goat legs.