Chapter 8 - Luke's Training

With Luke off training on Dagobah, the Rebel base bustled with the daily routines of strategy meetings, equipment maintenance, and scouting missions. Alessa threw herself into her duties, determined to stay busy. However, her thoughts often wandered to Luke, wondering how his training was progressing.

One day, as Alessa worked on a starfighter in the hangar, Han approached her, wiping grease from his hands. He leaned against the side of the ship, watching her with a knowing smile.

"You've been awfully quiet lately," Han remarked, his tone light. "Got something on your mind?"

Alessa glanced up, brushing a stray lock of hair from her face. "Just trying to stay focused," she replied, though she knew her brother could see right through her.

Han chuckled, shaking his head. "You mean trying not to think about Luke, right?"

Alessa's cheeks flushed a deep red. "I just hope he's okay. Training with Yoda can't be easy."

Han's expression softened, a mix of teasing and genuine concern. "He's a tough kid. He'll be fine. But you, on the other hand, need to take it easy. You're wearing yourself out."

Chewbacca, who had been working nearby, growled in agreement. He walked over, placing a large, comforting hand on Alessa's shoulder.

Alessa sighed, leaning into Chewbacca's touch. "I know. It's just hard not to worry."

Han nodded, his protective instincts kicking in. "We all care about him, Alessa. But he's got a destiny to fulfil, and he'll need us to be strong when he gets back. That includes you."

Alessa smiled gratefully at her brother. "Thanks, Han. I know you're right. I just can't help it sometimes."

Han ruffled her hair affectionately. "I get it, kid. But remember, we're a team. We look out for each other."

Chewbacca rumbled his agreement, giving Alessa a gentle nudge. She laughed, feeling a bit lighter thanks to their support.

Later that evening, Alessa sat in the quiet of her quarters, gazing out at the stars. She wondered what Luke was experiencing on Dagobah and hoped he was finding the strength and wisdom he needed. She whispered a silent prayer for his safety, her thoughts filled with memories of their time together.

The days turned into weeks, and Alessa continued to stay busy, but she couldn't shake the feeling of anticipation. Han and Chewbacca noticed her distraction but didn't push, knowing that she needed to process her emotions in her own way.

One day, as Alessa was working on a communication relay, Han approached her again, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "So, have you been practising your Jedi mind tricks while you wait for Luke?"

Alessa laughed, shaking her head. "I wish. Maybe then I'd be able to stop worrying so much."

Han's smile faded slightly, replaced with a look of sincerity. "You're not alone in this, Alessa. We're all in it together. And when Luke comes back, we'll be ready to help him with whatever comes next."

She nodded, feeling the weight of his words. "Thanks, Han. I just want to be ready when he needs us."

Chewbacca let out a soft growl, his eyes filled with understanding. He patted Alessa's shoulder, a silent promise of his unwavering support.

As the days continued to pass, Alessa found comfort in the routines of the Rebel base and the company of her makeshift family. Her thoughts still drifted to Luke often, but she knew that Han and Chewbacca were right. They had to be strong and ready for whatever challenges lay ahead.

One evening, as the sun set over the icy landscape of their new base, Alessa stood outside, watching the horizon. Han joined her, wrapping a warm blanket around her shoulders.

"Hey," he said softly. "Look at that. Beautiful, isn't it?"

Alessa nodded, leaning into her brother's side. "Yeah, it is."

They stood in comfortable silence for a while, the bond between them strengthening with each passing moment. Despite the uncertainty of the future, Alessa felt a sense of peace knowing that they would face it together.

With Han and Chewbacca by her side, she knew she could handle anything. And when Luke finally returned from Dagobah, they would be ready to support him in whatever battles awaited.