Lift P-1

LIFT || PART 1

Title: Getting stuck in the middle of the empty road & begging for a lift from a rude stranger

—————☆—————

The cold, wet night clung to my skin, every drop of rain soaking through my clothes. Alone in the middle of the street, my extended hand felt heavier with each failed attempt.

The only source of light, a lone vehicle, approached once more. My heart fluttered with a faint hope, only to be crushed again as it passed by, its headlights briefly illuminating my soaked form before disappearing into the darkness.

For the tenth time.

I stomped my foot in frustration, the water splashing around my ankles. Clutching the broken phone in my hand, I felt a mix of despair and anger.

My only lifeline, now useless.

The one thing that could have connected me to someone, anyone, but now it was useless. The screen was shattered, and it wouldn't turn on no matter how many times I pressed the power button.

The rain had finally stopped, but it didn't matter. I was drenched, dripping from head to toe, shivering in the cold. My hair clung to my face, and I could feel the weight of the water pulling me down. I wiped my face, trying to clear my vision, but it was no use. Everything was dark, and I was utterly alone.

"Why won't anyone stop?" I muttered to myself, the words swallowed by the empty street. My feet ached from standing, and my mind raced with thoughts of what to do next.

But with no phone and no help, my options felt painfully limited. As another car approached, I extended my hand once more, praying that this time, someone would stop. But as the headlights grew closer, my heart sank.

It was just like the others, speeding past me without a second thought.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm the storm inside me. I needed to think clearly. I couldn't just stand here all night. I was on an unknown street, with no idea where to go or what lay ahead. Moving aimlessly wasn't an option. I had to make someone stop, no matter what it took.

With renewed determination, I clenched my fists and looked down the road. The next car would have to stop. I didn't care if I had to beg. My pride meant nothing if it could get me out of this situation.

I rehearsed my plea in my head, imagining the desperation in my voice and the look in my eyes that would make them see I was serious.

Minutes felt like hours as I stood there, drenched and shivering. Then, the dark streets illuminated with another set of headlights. This was it. Without a second thought, I stepped into the middle of the road, standing firm in the car's path.