Lift P-6 (FINAL)

LIFT || PART 6 (FINAL)

Title: Getting stuck in the middle of the empty road & begging for a lift from a rude stranger

—————☆—————

You stared at the message blankly, the words blurring slightly as you read them over and over. This was what you had wanted since last week.

You had been craving this news, hoping for the freedom to move on without any complications. And finally, here it was, delivered in a few simple lines.

So why did you feel anything but happy? Why was your heart aching so intensely?

You had convinced yourself that you wanted this—needed it, even. But now that it was real, the certainty you once felt was replaced by a hollow emptiness.

Your mind replayed the moments you had shared: the way his eyes crinkled with amusement, the safety you felt in his arms, the playful banter that had made your heart race.

Your fingers trembled slightly as you re-read the message, hoping to find some hidden meaning or loophole, but there was none. It was clear and final.

Without even realising it, you found yourself dialling Taehyung's number, your hands moving almost of their own accord.

The phone rang a few times, each ring heightening the anticipation and dread building inside you.

Finally, he picked up, his deep voice echoing from the other side.

"Now what happened?" he asked. You took a deep breath, trying to steady your racing heart.

"Meet me at the bridge," you said, your voice shaking slightly.

"Why?" he questioned, sounding almost annoyed. "Everything's over between us now."

Something inside you snapped at his words.

"Just meet me if I say so," you yelled, the intensity of your own voice surprising you. "In half an hour."

There was a brief silence on the other end of the line, followed by a resigned sigh.

"Fine," he replied curtly before hanging up. You stared at your phone, your heart pounding in your chest.

You weren't sure what you were going to say or do when you saw him, but you knew you needed to see him one last time.

Taking a deep breath, you gathered your resolve and headed out after getting ready.

As you stepped out of your car, the cool evening air hit your face, clearing your mind slightly. It was around 6 PM, and the sky was painted in shades of orange and pink. Your eyes quickly caught sight of a familiar figure leaning on the railing of the bridge.