Chapter 7: What's Better?

You and Weiss are in Solitas at the sight where a new Settlement is being constructed near the ruins of Mantle and Atlas.

While looking at the settlement, you saw Weiss looking rather sad, and can tell it's about that incident from years ago.

"Weiss?"

Weiss: "Can you really tell what I'm sad about?"

"The whole Atlas crashing into Mantle and both getting flooded thing? Yes."

Weiss sighed.

Weiss: "I know it was years ago and things are finally picking up the pieces, but I still feel like it was a stupid move."

"Sometimes there is no right choice. Just what you believe is better."

Weiss: "Or at the very least, not ask for a one-way exit out of Atlas. Turns out you can't go back through a one-way passage at the exit, go figure. I had so much knowledge and training yet I pulled move in a boneheaded way."

"You still made things up in the end, and you are doing much better than your father ever did."

Weiss: "That is definitely something I agree on."

You and Weiss decided to walk around the settlement of New Mantle and saw the buildings inside the fortified walls. Weiss then smiles at the sight of everyone working together and building something new.

"Feeling better now?"

Weiss: "A little."

You and Weiss went to a stand serving soup and purchased a few bowls.

Weiss: "This kinda reminds me when me and Ruby went to get food in the cellar. I mean, it did turn horrific the morning after, but it was fun."

"Maybe let's not bring up too much of the past. But was it true that you and the others found magical relics?"

Weiss: "Yep. Each represented choice, knowledge, creation, and destruction. Things that make up Humanity. But we gave them up and told the Gods themselves that Remnant should belong to humanity only."

"That was smart of all of you. As much as power sounds cool, I prefer to take things into my own hands and make them how I want it."

Weiss: "Me too, and my friends helped me realize that. Hey, I plan on seeing my family in Vacuo soon. Want to come with me? I mean, it'll still take a while but still. I think they'll like you."

"Sure. I can't wait to see the real Schnee family with my own eyes."

Weiss: "Great."

After finishing her soup, you left the settlement and continued your journey.