Chapter One: Spark of Rebellion Pt.1

Kanan and Hera are both up above us in The Ghost, they're evading the Imps after Kanan's plan to raid an Imperial supply convoy went south. Go figure. Zeb is in the city, so Sabine and I are on our own. Not that we have a particularly hard job. We just have to give the Imps a little grief. Kanan and Hera say we're good at that.

I have no doubt it's very entertaining for Chopper being up in The Ghost. That or it's aggravating for him. And I know for a fact that it's aggravating for Kanan and Hera. They work well together, however, they have a tendency to argue in certain situations.

Sabine and I perch on top of a roof, and hear a stormtrooper say to a man who ran from him, "Move along, this is a restricted area."

I watch from my vantage point, and see the man run away from the stormtrooper. Once the trooper walks forward, Sabine and I jump off of the roof. Taking care to muffle the sound of our separate landings. Which is not that hard to do with the Force.

Once we're on the ground, Sabine and I take off and make our way to the wall across the yard from where we started. Once we get there, I take my comlink off of my belt and turn it on.

"Spectre-4 and Spectre-6 to Ghost."

Hera responds. "This is Ghost. We are in position and awaiting your diversion."

"Copy that," Sabine says.

Then we look at each other, and say together, "This is gonna be fun."

I turn off my comlink and replace it on my belt. Then Sabine and I stand up and jump up. Grabbing onto the top of the wall, and then climbing up on top of it. We both stand on the top of the wall and look out onto the yard filled with TIE fighters.

"Very fun," I mutter.

Sabine and I jump down from the wall, and sneak to behind a box. And once the pair of stormtroopers in front of us move, the two of us run as quietly as possible to our predetermined, as of two seconds ago, place behind a TIE fighter wing. Sabine then sticks her head out around the other side of the wing. I follow her lead, except on the opposite side.

Even while I keep watching, I grab the spray paint bottle from the back of my belt. I prefer drawing with pencils or charcoal and making it more detailed and less cartoonish, but when we're doing something like this, I'm fine with using the spray paint. Even if that is more up Sabine's alley than mine.

Both of us spin back behind the wing of the fighter, and while Sabine paints the symbol of a starbird, her personally adopted symbol, I paint something similar to it. It's the same curved bottom, but instead of being at an angle, the stem of it is straight up. And on the top, mine has a diamond on top, on a pedestal looking thing. Once that's done, I put two thick stripes on either side. (See chapter picture.) I came up with this after Kanan showed me a picture of the old symbol of the Jedi Order. It has some similar aspects, but is different too.. I use it when I do drawings or sketches as a way to sign them.

And just as both Sabine and I finish up painting our respective symbols, I hear two sets of footsteps behind us. Stormtroopers. I let a grin cross my face. Perfect.

"What do you think you're doing?" one of them asks us.

"What does it look like?" Sabine says in a bored tone. "Art."

"Well... well stand down," the same trooper commands.

Then the other trooper chimes in. "Or we'll shoot."