010

Y U N J I N

"Yunjin? Are you alright?" Eunchae asks me as we sit down on our designated cafeteria table near the opening doors.

I snap my head up and stare back at her eyes.

"Huh? Yeah, I am. Why would you ask that?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows as I go back to mindlessly playing with my food.

"I think it's obvious enough that you're not feeling okay." she replies, ducking her head down to peek at me as I smile sadly at her.

Of course, I'm not okay. Why wouldn't I be?

It's been a week since day—night with Chaewon and ever since then, I've just been watching her across the hallway or just staring at my phone all night, wondering when she'd call me.

I'm starting to think she gave up on this fuck buddy business—and yes, maybe I should be happy because it'll save me from a whole world of hurt, but this relationship is the closest thing I have to getting with Chaewon.

Call me desperate.

I shrug my shoulders and sigh. "Maybe I'm just sad that Garam's not eating with us anymore."

And apparently, that's a mini reason why I'm upset too.

A few days ago, Eunchae and Garam—my favorite couple—broke up because Eunchae found out that Garam was cheating on her with Hanni. Harsh right?

I'm pretty sure Hanni's doing this because she hates Eunchae's guts.

She's trying to make her emotionally broken so that the football coach will degrade her from being captain in case her emotional rollercoaster bothers her on the field. Then that would result in giving the captain title to Hanni instead.

Well planned, but she forgot one thing, Eunchae's smart.

As much as she loves Garam, she realizes that if she was able to have sex with another woman while she was with her, then that's not love at all.

So, she moved on pretty quickly, but she still gets hurt around the subject because, more than a lover, Garam was her best friend too—other than me, of course.

Aside from that, I also heard that Chaewon broke up with Hanni since she doesn't want to be tagged as someone who is in a relationship with a cheater.

But technically, Chaewon cheated with me as well right? Ugh.

But still, I am lucky right? I lost my virginity with my crush who is now single and my fuck buddy too.

"Sad? Why would you be sad about that?" she laughs, shaking her head at me with disgust.

So okay, let's say she's really pissed at her too. I would be too! Like hello, she gave away Hong Eunchae's abs.

I chuckle at her, knowing she's a bit touchy about the subject but also over it. "I don't know because she's our best friend?"

She puts her finger up and waggles it. "Nope." she says, popping her lips.

"She is not our best friend because what kind of friend would say yes to drugging the cupcakes the cheerleaders would give to me and work along with them by making sure that during the whole party, I was never ever near you." she exaggerates, flopping her arms everywhere.

I frown at this because, yeah, that's true too.

During the party, Garam was in on the scam and made sure Eunchae was never near me at all, always keeping a distance from me because she knew even if she was high and hit, she'd come down eventually and turn back to overprotective Eunchae.

"She was just jealous—" I reasoned out, biting my lower lip.

Eunchae gives me a surprised look. "Jealous? Yeah, why would she even be jealous of you?"

I smile at this. It seemed like Garam thought Eunchae had a big crush on me and wanted me to learn my lesson during the party.

"Who wouldn't be jealous of me?" I joked back, wagging my eyebrows as Eunchae threw her head back and laughed at me.

She points a finger at me and winks. "Touché Huh."

We laugh some more before dismissing the subject and finishing our food, My appetite suddenly comes back as I smile at Eunchae with thanks.

I'm so grateful she's my best friend, and unlike Garam, I would never do such a thing to her.

She notices my stare and looks up from her bowl, and winks at me again.

"I'm single now, Jen-jen." She coos, flexing her arms at me as I roll my eyes at her.

"And I'm gay, in love with a girl named Kim Chaewon." I joke back, snickering at her as she drops her shoulders.

"Damn it."