Sabotage

"you've done hundred, bullseye, you're good" Tim says, standing next to the pull up bar where Elle is pull ups at the gym. 

"I didn't train at all last week" Elle pants as she pulls herself up again. "I want to do 200 to make up for it"

"you know that's not how it works" Tim responds, amused.

"still" Elle grunts.

"alright" Tim sighs. "I need to talk to you about Stanton"

"Jackson's not wrong, what he said might not have been phrased the best, but he's right" Elle answers.

"I know, I know" Tim replies. "but Grey's hands are tied"

"but he's not as dangerous on desk duty... right?" Elle asks.

"theoretically, but Grey has another idea" Tim says.

"what's his idea?" Elle questions.

"It's what you did with Armstrong, keep book of every offense he makes, big or small" Tim explains.

"but I got in trouble when me, Harper, and Nolan did that with Armstrong" Elle points out.

"you did it then without a supervisor, but Grey will be watching over both you and Jackson" Tim answers. 

"you think it'll work?" Elle asks.

"enough offenses built up should be enough to get rid of his gun and his badge" Tim responds. "but it's dangerous, if Stanton finds out he could ruin both you and Jackson's careers" 

"right" Elle pants.

"are you willing to put SWAT on the line for this? you've already done it once and one more push could get you terminated" Tim says. 

Elle drops back down to the ground. "you don't think I should do it" Elle realizes.

"I think you already sacrificed a lot for Armstrong and Jackson can keep book alone" Tim reasons. "I could switch you over to ride with me and Chen"

Elle sighs, looking down at the ground. 

"I'm not leaving Jackson alone on this" Elle shakes her head. "I can't"

"I knew you'd say that" Tim groans. "but me and Chen will be on the same beat as you and West, so we'll be backup"

"thank you for this, sir" Elle murmurs.

"please, Chen would kill me if I left you and West alone with Stanton" Tim says.

"you'd feel guilty too" Elle responds. 

"shut up" Tim grumbles, making Elle laugh as they walk to the gym exit.

[Fourteen Hours Later]

"Catch the game last night?" Stanton asks during patrol.

"Yeah. It was brutal. Can't believe they were able to come back on us." Jackson responds.

"Uh-huh. Yeah, I believed. That's why I won 200 bucks." Stanton responds. "did Nolan have the game on at your place, Solokov?"

"oh, no, sir. Nolan isn't the biggest sports fan, and his mom was over" Elle responds, remembering all the boxes she saw when she came home.

"damn, hate it when the in-laws are over" Stanton comments.

"me and Nolan aren't-" Elle starts but Stanton interrupts her when he sees a man walking.

"Anything look out of place to you?" Stanton asks.

"Uh, I don't --" Jackson starts.

"Dispatch, 7-Adam-07, show us at a pedestrian stop, Waring and Seward." Stanton says over the radio.