Lockdown

"what'd you get?" Nolan asks when he watches Elle leave Grey's office after taking the exam.

"100" Elle responds.

"and you aren't smiling, why?" Nolan grins. 

"I'm gonna be alone with Stanton for the whole day" Elle answers.

Nolan winces. "Are you sure you don't want to transfer?" Nolan asks.

"no, I'm gonna finish this, for Jackson" Elle shakes her head. 

"you could get yourself a blue page just like Jackson, or worse" Nolan warns.

"then I'll do it, no one else deserves to have their life ruined by Stanton" Elle insists.

"Elle, just-..." Nolan stops her before she walks over to Stanton. 

"I'll be careful, promise" Elle assures.

"okay... and-" Nolan starts.

"I'll call you if anything goes south" Elle answers. 

Nolan hesitates for one more second before nodding.

"good luck on the exam, you're gonna crush it" Elle smiles. 

"thanks" Nolan grins.

[Ten Minutes Later]

"Officer Solokov. Figured you would've pulled the rip cord, asked for a new T.O like Jackson did." Stanton remarks once Elle approaches him.

"n-no, sir, I, um, I think I can learn things from you" Elle responds.

"good girl" Stanton nods, putting his hand on the small of her back as he leads her to the shop.

Elle bites back a face of disgust, it feels completely different from when Tim said it.

[One Hour Later]

"sir, you were going thirty over the speed limit" Elle is talking to Steve Humphrey, who just ran two red lights going 70 in a 40. 

"come on, officer, I've done worse" Steve pouts.

"o-okay" Elle tilts her head, not sure why he said that. 

"I need your license and registration" Elle insists.

"fine, fine" Steve grumbles as he grabs them from his wallet. 

Elle looks over the ID when Stanton, who was waiting in the car, walks over. He stands right behind Elle, crowding her between the car door and his body. 

Elle tries to distract herself by looking at the ID but then Stanton peaks over her shoulder to look at the ID too. 

"alright" Elle says, pulling out her ticket book and starting to write the ticket. 

"come on, Officer, I'll pay you, what do you want?" Steve begs. 

"bribing a police officer is illegal, sir" Elle reminds him.

"whore" Steve mumbles under his breath.

Elle bristles but pretends not to hear it, she also pretends to not hear Stanton's snort of laughter behind her. 

"okay, here you go, sir" Elle says, handing him the ticket.

"thanks for nothing" Steve calls as Elle and Stanton walk down to the shop. 

Elle bites her lip to realize that Stanton's hand has slipped a little below the small of her back. Stanton is just smirking as they get into the shop.

"for Jackson" Elle thinks to herself as Stanton puts his right arm around the back of her seat and starts driving again.