Hostage Shot

The rumor mill is running full time and gossip about the new SWAT members are everywhere. Jim Street's are mostly of his past, but Eleonora Solokov's are all about her shot.

She's become known for her one in three shots but Elle has broken her record with a one in eight shot. 

"I don't understand, how do you just do that?" Nolan asks as Elle gets home from another day.

"what did I do?" Elle questions, before her eyes land on Nolan's computer that has her body cam footage. 

"you're talking about the one in eight?" Elle clarifies.

"of course I am, how the hell did you do it?" Nolan inquires.

"just count to eight" Elle shrugs.

"there has to be more to it than that" Nolan says, turning up the volume on the footage.

Elle is sat on a ledge, watching with careful eyes as the fight goes down with the other SWAT team. 

"get clear" Elle's voice comes over the radio.

The team all suddenly run into cover.

Then, Elle starts to count down.

"Eight"

One down.

"Seven"

Two down.

"Six" 

Three down.

"Five"

Four down.

"Four"

Five down.

"Three"

Six down.

"Two"

Seven down.

"One"

Eight down. 

"it's just-..." Nolan is blown away. 

"it's all about reaction time, here, look" Elle sits down next to Nolan and rewinds the video until all eight are standing again. 

"you go from one side to the other" Elle explains. "reaction time is slower because of the few extra milliseconds it takes for the sound of gunshot to travel from the farthest one's ear instead of the closest one."

"so you disorient them" Nolan realizes.

"yup" Elle nods, standing up.

"where'd you learn that?" Nolan asks.

"hunting in the Siberian winter where every animal is on high alert" Elle replies. "now, I'm hungry"

"there's spaghetti in the fridge" Nolan calls.

"spaghetti!" Elle giggles, immediately running over to fridge.

Nolan shakes his head, wondering how Elle can be so innocent one minute and the next shooting down eight bad guys like it's nothing. 

[Twelve Hours Later]

"20-David to Command. We've made entry." Hondo says over the radio as they rush into the house.

Elle enters, looking around and spots some ingredients for meth on the ground.

"Hondo" Elle calls.

"We got a meth lab. Gonna need Hazmat." Hondo continues over the radio, seeing what Elle has found. 

"Roger that, 20-David." Dispatch replies.

"Give me a two! Luca!" Hondo calls.

Luca breaks down the door and they arrest two suspects who were in the next room.