𝓍𝓋, poison tree.

chapter fifteen, poison tree.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Alana looked up at the sun, as she propped herself on her elbows

Alana looked up at the sun, as she propped herself on her elbows. Both her and Aegon sat in the Godswood, in their own thoughts.

That was until Aegon spoke, "How was breaking your fast with my mother and sister?" He looked at Alana, as he was also propped on his elbows.

"It was good, Helaena seemed quiet though. I think she is with child." Alana looked at him, twiddling with a piece of grass in her hand.

"What makes you think that? Did she tell you that?" Aegon raised his eyebrow, a confused look on his face.

"A few days ago she told me that she didn't feel well, she brushed it aside thinking that it was just a fall illness, but perhaps she is right, I shouldn't just assume." Alana sighed, looking down at the piece of grass in her hand.

Aegon laid back down, folding his arms behind his head. "Helaena would make a good mother, I doubt Aemond would make a good father, he'd probably accidentally break the babe."

Alana chuckled, "I don't know much about Prince Aemond."

"He's a bit of a prick, he's always too serious in his studies, and perfecting his training skills." Aegon rolled his eyes, moving to his side, his head propped up on his hand. "But he still is my brother."

Alana nodded, lying back on the grass looking up at the sky, Aegon also laying back on the grass. "Do you ever want children?" Alana asked, turning her head to look at him.

Aegon was suprised by the question to be honest he hadn't given it much thought. "I don't know, maybe. I doubt i'd be a good father....and you? Do you want children?"

"I do, I think it'd be nice. Despite the childbirth process, and the chance of dying but yes, someday." Alana nodded, looking back up at the sky.

Aegon nodded, "You'd make a good mother."

"Hopefully. But It is our duty anyways, it'll have to happen eventually." Alana frowns, looking at Aegon.

Aegon nodded, looking at Alana. "You never told me how my mother was this morning."

"Oh, honestly I thought she'd ask me if I was with child yet, but she didn't." Alana sat up, propping herself on her hands.

Aegon sat up as well, crossing his legs, "That's a surprise, perhaps she's waiting for the perfect moment." Aegon scoffed, playing with a piece of grass in his fingers.

"Perhaps." Alana nodded, looking at the piece of grass in his hands. "If we did have children what would you name them?"

"Hm..I haven't really thought of any children related. But, perhaps Rhaella if it's a girl? Maybe Baelon for a boy?" Aegon said, looking up from his piece of grass to look at Alana.

Alana wanted something more northern, but she remembered who her husband's family were. "I like those names." Alana nodded.

"What names would you pick?" Aegon tilted his head, watching as she gave him not an answer he expected.

"I like Lyanna for a girl, or Brandon for a boy." Alana nodded, twisting her rings. "It would never work tho, your a Targaryen, they will need Valyrian names."

Aegon nodded, leaning back on his elbows "Your right, unfortunately. But if you had to choose a Valyrian name what would you choose?"

"Like you said, Rhaella for a girl, and Baelon for a boy." Alana nodded, looking down at her rings.

"Then it is settled, until we actually have children." Aegon spoke, laying back down on the grass, folding his arms under his head.

Alana nodded, they both were left in silence, but it wasn't uncomfortable it was nice. The sun was warm on their skin, and the slight fall breeze moving though the air, the Godswood tree leaves moving behind them. Aegon had his eyes closed enjoying how the breeze caressed his face.

Alana watched Aegon, she was thinking about her brother and how he was at the wall, while his pregnant wife was in Winterfell suffering from her pregnancy, alone. She knew the wall needed protection, from the wilding savages, and other things.

"What are you thinking about?" Aegon suddenly spoke, he was sat up looking at Alana.

"What?" She looked at him confused.

"What are you thinking about? You were staring at the grass like you wanted to murder it." Aegon chuckled, biting the inside of his cheek.

"Oh." Alana blushed in embarrassment, "Right sorry."

"So what were you thinking about?" Aegon smiled at her confused reaction.

"Cregan wrote to me, he is going to the wall." Alana spoke, her fingers already twisting her rings around. 

Aegon looked suprised, looking away from her hands to her face. "Why is he going to the wall?"

"He didn't say, though he's probably up there to keep an eye out, I suppose." Alana sighed, looking down at her hands. "Do you know the stories of the wall, Aegon?"

"It's a big wall that keep the savages away from the rest of the continent." Aegon spoke, in a dismissive tone.

"When I was a girl, the woman who taught my lessons used to tell me about these stories of beyond the wall, men who's eyes were as blue as the sky, and hair as white as yours, but they didn't have any skin, only bones. They rode dead horses, and they had ice spiders big as hounds." Alana looked up at him.

"The stories, they're fake right?" Aegon chuckled, shaking his head.

"Do you really think my ancestors built a seven-hundred foot wall to keep out snow and wilding savages?" Alana asked, raising her eyebrows.

"What does it keep out then?" Aegon then raised his eyebrows.

"Death."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
ngl i wish they had ice spiders in got.
i also got this bad sunburn yesterday, and my whole body hurts ugh