VI

"..."

"..."

"h-hey, idiot... you haven't spoken at all tonight, I-is something wrong?"

"no, nothings wrong."

"why are you being quiet?"

"..."

"... i'm going to help you too. aft-after everything that you've done for me, i-w want... i want to help you. you- ... you can tell me anything, [name]."

"t-tenko... haha!"

"hey! why are you laughing and smiling like that all of a sudden?"

"you called me by my first name!"

"... huh? that's it?!?!?"

"the truth is, something has been on my mind."

"you can tell me, idiot."

"aww, I miss the '[name]'!"

"shut up and let me help you for once, idiot."

"well, can you tell me more about... more about your past. the truth on why you're here every night...."

"... only if you do as well..."

"huh?"

"i want the truth."

"i-...."

"that's absurd!"

the gruff voice spoke as he slammed his fists into the desks.

"he had followed you on your way home?"

the secretary casted her gaze to her hands on her lap.

"well, yes. i was on my way home"

a small lie. it doesn't matter, though.

"this city is quite dangerous. im glad you are alright, [name]. or else i'd be forced to find a new secretary."

she laughed in response.

"im glad that you're safe though. thank god a hero was there. who was it even? did you get his name?" her boss questioned

she fiddled with her hands.

"ah, well. im unsure if he was a hero. though i remember his appearance. he was wearing a weird mask. you know the masks that plague doctors used to wear? and he-"

"the shie hassaikai." her blonde female cut in. "a member of the shie hassaikai had saved you."

her eyes widened.

"ah, really? he was a member of the shie hassaikai? i guess they aren't so bad afterall."

the boss laughed.

"well, s'pose i should reward them, hm? for saving my dear secretary i'll provide them with a meeting and some funds."

"don't," the blonde spoke sternly.

the secretary perked up.

"rather suspicious, aren't they?"

"how so?" the boss questioned.

"maybe instead of saving your secretary, they were following her?"

"a dangerous, but possible assumption. what an interesting spot we've gotten ourselves in."

"you can't forget the league of villain dealings as well."

"that is true." he turned his gaze to the secretary. "[name]. be a little more careful now, won't you?"